⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Two issues....Fantastic 5 and updates in game

Options
brightstar1
brightstar1 Posts: 78 Level 2
edited August 2020 in Support

Hello,

I've been noticing that the points in my F5 this week is less. If I pass a normal level it is 19 and when I passed a hard level I got 49, but that score today included boosters, so it would have been less than this. Is this a glitch of some sort or is this the new normal? Is this happening for anyone else?

The last couple days there has been an update to my game, where every time you fail or pass a level, before you can continue it pops up with either progress for the chocolate box but you have to press like an okay or continue button first, it is no longer just an update along the bar at the top of the screen for that level. It then takes you back to the map where you see any stars you've got regarded ranking up goes into the button for your profile pic and there's no way to speed this up. And only then will you get the level popping back up again if you failed the level and are going to retry. In fact this all feels like it takes longer than the old way where the game told you you'd failed then gave you the option to retry pretty quickly after that until you'd used up all 5 lives. And if you do pass the level, then it shows you how many stars you got for the level and any sugar stars, plus fantastic five 5 score etc. Then you get another screen that contains a table with two tabs, one shows where you are amongst the five people you're playing against to win the gold bars for than episode, another tab shows where you are on the leaderboard for tiffi's beach games, and when I played an old level, there's a tab to see your score for that level compared to your facebook friends and I'm pretty sure theres another okay button at the bottom of this screen to move past this. It is only then do you get the next level popping up. Thanks for bearing with me as I described that.

But basically I'm finding these changes really annoying already all I want is to get to the next level quickly or to be offered the retry quicker like how it used to be. And I imagine if you do have any timed boosters you're probably going to waste more of the time before you can try again on that level or start the next one. Is this happening for anyon else? Is this a trial or is this update/design being rolled out? Because if the developers haven't decided yet then maybe offer a poll to see how all players feel about this update. I for one am finding it annoying and almost instrusive to game play rather than it being a helpful update. For example if I wanted to see where I was in relation to the other 4 people completing the episode I would just check the event tab and don't need a table of rankings getting in the way.

Didn't intend for this to be so long winded so thanks for reading it all.

Answers

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    Options

@brightstar1 Hi again, can you tell me what device your playing on? Also please check if you have another update and install then log out and restart your device. As for you first question regards Fantastic 5 i have heard of no reports of anything like this and just played a level on mine and calculation was right so not sure on this. if you could supply a screen shot of you points when before level played and then when passed this could be helpful.

The second issue this is the second report of this i have heard but sounded like the the new episode ending this was taken out of the game a while back due to problems and not heard of its return. mine is still the original ending on windows 10 app. but if you device is defintetly up to date i will have to ask about this as again i am unsure why you maybe have a different ending.

Thank you

@kiara_wael any ideas ?

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Options

Hi @brightstar1 !

You will get points to your F5 team every time you use Boosters, but these are added separately as soon as you use them and not merged with the points when you complete a level.

Do you have the new complete a level message in your game? The one HERE.

• Kazza-3
    Kazza-3 Posts: 218 Level 3
    Options

@brightstar1 I have exactly the same 2 issues. The points are definitely reduced, there’s also only 8 points for using a booster, 19 points for logging in. Everything has been reduced but still the same 7000 point target. I guess we’re part of another “test group”?

I also have all those popups after every play & agree they are really intrusive & annoying. It’s all info you can check on your own in the events tab so I don’t see the need to make me click through it all every time.

• Mary_Kay
    Mary_Kay Posts: 1,402 Level 5
    Options

I agree with you. I sure hope I don't get switched over to those pop ups. I would find it annoying.

• brightstar1
    brightstar1 Posts: 78 Level 2
    Options

Hi,

Thank you for the responses @Freddy_Falkner @Crazy Cat Lad @Kazza-3 @Mary_Kay and @Nix66.

@Crazy Cat Lad That is the new complete a level message in my game that you linked, which is kind of annyoying to be honest.

I'll include some screenshots just to expand upon my post.

This is the screen you see after you have failed a level but are collecting for the chocolate box.

It then will take you back to the map, where you see any stars going into the bar just under your profile pic button in regards to ranking, I've added arrows to hightlight them.

And you will see this happen every single time in the game, after you have failed a level, passed one or even just ended the game before making a move because you didn't like the layout out of the board and want a new one. You can see that there is no button to speed this up and is therefore what I was referring to the most @Nix66 about not being able to move pass this quickly. Also, I feel like this step gets slower the more hours I play this game on a laptop. Only then will you get the same level to try again if you failed or the next one to play.

When you do pass a level you will first get a screen with tiffi, the level you completed and any stars you got for that level but I didn't do I screenshot for this. Then this is the next screen:

I personally feel like most of the details here if I really wanted to know I could look under the events tab, and don't feel this offers anything more useful with the change. This is also what I meant @Freddy_Falkner about the points for F5 being reduced for a normal level, it is now 19. And when my team changed this week the points are still this and not what they were.

Amongst these pop ups there will also be the piggy bank popping up fairly frequently, as the game is taking you back the map after every try, even though I haven't pressed the button as I'm playing.

Thank you @Kazza-3 for confirming you are seeing the same things in your game and that you also feel similar about the change. Also, thank you for raising an important point that even though the points for F5 have gone down the total score is still 7000, so I don't get why the developers thought that was a good idea. I hope this test either doesn't last long or the problems will be ironed out soon.

• Mary_Kay
    Mary_Kay Posts: 1,402 Level 5
    Options

After my last post I got it on my laptop. I don't like it at all. Takes time to click through. I'm not getting it (yet) on the game I play on my tablet. I hope this is not a new and permanent thing.

• Kazza-3
    Kazza-3 Posts: 218 Level 3
    Options

@brightstar1 your screenshots summarize it perfectly!

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Options

@brightstar1 This is the new flow that just has been introduced for some players.

Thanks for the feedback on this. I will pass it on to the Game Studio!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?