⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Cannot open Candy Crush

Options
Suzie_Q
Suzie_Q Posts: 22 Level 2

I play C.C on my PC. I have windows 10 and had app pinned to my start page. All I ever did was click on it and it opened. I had a Windows update last night. Went to my start page this morning, clicked on my CC app pinned to start page and it just bring up the logo page and then vanishes. I have tried all day to get help from both Windows and Microsoft. No one can help me. My apps showed CC to be installed, I have uninstalled, gone to Microsoft Store reinstalled and it does the very same thing. I have done this no less that 20 times today. Can anybody help me?

Best Answer

Answers

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    Options

@Suzie_Q Hi and welcome, See if theres another windows update available there was one past update that had a few problems with people reporting black screens., but it was ok when another update was done, so may be worth checking,

If you have no luck please contact customer support and see if they can help with your issue

Thank you

• Suzie_Q
    Options

When I check Windows update it saves I current on updates. It doesn't give me an option for another. I have reset game, also gone back uninstalled and reinstalled about 20 times, does the same thing. I wish I had not allowed that update!🤐 I've worked on this. I started playing CC on Facebook several years ago, but after shortly after just started playing through Windows 10 and have never had kind of problem. I'm 73 and not very computer smart, I have just tried every thing I know to do plus contacted support from Microsoft and Windows and can get no help! Thank you guys! If anybody has any clues please let me know!! I miss my CC!😥

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    Options

@Suzie_Q Hi and sorry if this is a silly question but you have restarted your device after the update ? strange one as i play windows 10 and have no problems with this and windows is on latest version available

Thank you

• Suzie_Q
    Options

Not a silly question at all, I have restarted several time, I've done every thing I knew to do several times. I have never had this happen before until Windows did that update yesterday.

• Mary_Kay
    Mary_Kay Posts: 1,402 Level 5
    Options

Same here Freddy. I'm not having any problems on WIN10 app. I don't know what else they can do.

• mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    Options

Hello there, @Suzie_Q ! Welcome to the Community! I love your name!

I have been a Windows 10 User since 2015 when it first came out. I know how you feel when you're used to apps with no issue then all of a sudden an update turn your world upside down. Unfortunately, an update can sometimes unintentionally corrupt a driver or an app. You have 2 Options: either you Roll back the Update which will complicate your life more than a solution that you are looking for unless you know how to fix it when it happens, or Uninstall and Re-install The Candy Crush Saga and go on with your usual life. Just a REMINDER so you don't get surprised, you might lose your Banked Lives and some Boosters in the process.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you need more assistance!

• Suzie_Q
    Options

Thank you Mercerik, for your reply....I have also been playing CC since the beginning. I love it and it makes me very sad that this has happened. I was advised not to rollback the update, I deeply regret allowing it to download! I have uninstalled and Re-installed at least 20 times now and it does the same exact think, also restart computer about 4 times. I can go into Facebook and play through there but I don't like it because it's such a small screen, I have ageing eyes and my monitor is large so I really enjoy playing through Windows.

I love your backyard ,gorgeous roses or they Knock Out roses?

• Suzie_Q
    Options

Thank you Mary Kay, I don't either!

You stay safe as well.

• mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    Options

Hi again, @Susie_Q!

I gave you the 2 Options so you know what are out there and what NOT TO DO. Rolling back is NOT a good idea, mainly because it can affect a lot of things in your system. Since you said that you've uninstalled and re-installed the App 20x, you only have one Option left - System Restore. You will have to create a Restore Point which is the date when your computer is working properly. As much as possible I don't want to take anyone there because it is a tedious process. Before we go there, I want you to give me the process details on what you did when you uninstall and re-installed the CCS App. When was the last time you check your C: drive for System Error?

I am glad you like my backyard. Those Knock-Out Roses are low-maintenance ornamentals but I still need to work on them before Winter which is coming whether I like it or not.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?