⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

App closing when watching an ad

Options

Answers

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Critch2309 and welcome to our Community!

Make also sure that the app is updated and also your Android system is updated to latest available version, but at least Android 5 is required.

Check also that you have at least 2 GB of free memory on the device.

• Critch2309
    Critch2309 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

Thank you for coming back to me so quickly. I have tried both suggestions. The adverts crash happen on all boosters area's I am runningon the latest update and I am using Android 10 but I just remembered that I recently completed an Software update a security patch and that is about the time I been getting these issues

• Mellymel123
    Mellymel123 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

Hi there. Playing candy crush saga and it has recently started to close when I click to watch an ad. The game is updated as my device and I have over 2gb space. I have also cleared cache. I can't say what video as it closes immediately after clicking watch.

Any other suggestions as I don't want to lose my boosters if I have to reinstall thanks

• katseal
    katseal Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Been having similar problems across both Candy crush and candy crush friends on android device. Sometimes ad videos play fine other times game just exits. Does it on sweet cinema, extra moves at end of level, bonuses etc exits as soon as click watch ad so dont know what ad it is

All apps and device up to date, cache cleared, device switched off and on, force stopped apps and enough free memory on device

Any other suggestions?

• aijaziqbal
    aijaziqbal Posts: 8,884 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hi and welcome to the community.

Very sorry about this. But dont reinstall i think a temporary error as some others also having this issue. But some also claim that it rectified itself. Hopefully it will be alright after some time.

Thanks.

• aijaziqbal
    aijaziqbal Posts: 8,884 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hi and welcome to the community.

Very sorry about this. i think a temporary error as some others also having this issue. But some also claim that it rectified itself. Hopefully it will be alright after some time.

Thanks.

• Critch2309
    Critch2309 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

Thank you for your reply I hope you are correct.

• Jo-17
    Jo-17 Posts: 9 Level 2
    Options

I've also had this problem since yesterday 29th October (I'm in the UK). And it happens across three android devices - phone, tablet and pixel slate. So it must be a problem at the King end or it wouldn't be happening to a number of us. Only seems to be happening on Android??

• Angelala
    Angelala Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Happening to me also. I don't know which ad it is as it closes the game as soon as I click on the 'play' button. Have cleared cache, all is up to date and I have restarted my phone. Am not able to access bonus moves, cinema etc where a video is available.

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 16,000 Candy Moderator
    Options

Hello @Mellymel123 and a very warm welcome to our wonderful King Community. I have experienced a similar problem on a different (non-King) game I play (I don't have the opportunity to watch ads in the King games) and as mentioned above - it seems to be a random issue that will go away and then sometimes come back. So if it becomes real bothersome, I just don't watch ads for awhile. Hopefully the issue will resolve itself.

In the meantime, since you are new to the community here is a guide to help as you explore the various areas.

Also, I don't know what level you are on, but when you reach a game milestone, 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000 - you can get a special badge added to your profile. Just click HERE to find out more about it.

If you do like badges - then make sure you check out the fun Halloween contest that is happening across the community and you can find out more about it HERE.

Have fun and happy crushing!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?