Still Cannot Connect to Store

Options
michellewall68
michellewall68 Posts: 4 Newbie

I have tried all suggestions from rebooting and updating, but I am still getting the message Connection Lost- Failed to Contact Store. I did change laptops and even on my old one, I am still not able to access as I thought it may be saved on old system. I have no problems with any of the other King games and clearly I am not losing my internet connection as I am even trying to buy in game and after game. How might I get this reset? I play through Facebook and none of my settings have changed with purchases since changing computer and as noted...everything else works but this game. Please let me know what I can do to get assistance.

Best Answers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 11,816 Level 2
    Answer ✓
    Options

廾𝗂 @michellewall68, welcome to the Community!

Make sure that both your Game & device you are using to play are updated to their latest version.

• Here are a couple of handy guides on how to keep your Apps updated on Android & iOS.

🔻 If after updating your Game & your device the issue remains, follow these steps ↓↓↓ 

1. Remove the payment details on your Account if you have any saved already.
    2. Then, clear the cache and cookies on your browser.
    3. After this, add your payment details again.
    4. Finally, open the Game & try to make a purchase.

🔻 If after you've updated your Game & reentered your payment info the issue remains, follow these steps ↓↓↓ 

1. Make sure that you have enough free memory on your device (at least 2GB free).
    2. Force close all Apps & restart your device. Leave device switched off for at least 10 seconds before turning it back on.

• [Deleted User]
    edited November 2020 Answer ✓
    Options

廾𝗂 there again @michellewall68!

1️⃣ Some updated info on the matter of not being able to connect to the Store.

• Facebook recently made a change to its platform & this means that you might experience issues when sending/receiving Lives and/or messages from Friends as well as with connection & avatars. King is aware of this issue & is working to fix it as quickly as possible.
    • A few Players have reported that the connection problem is sometimes solved by turning off your internet connection for about 5 minutes without closing the Game & activating it back again after that.

2️⃣ To be sure you are playing the newest content, you need to update the Game via your App Store.

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    Answer ✓
    Options

廾𝗂 @michellewall68, welcome to the Community!

Make sure that both your Game & device you are using to play are updated to their latest version.

• Here are a couple of handy guides on how to keep your Apps updated on Android & iOS.

🔻 If after updating your Game & your device the issue remains, follow these steps ↓↓↓ 

1. Remove the payment details on your Account if you have any saved already.
    2. Then, clear the cache and cookies on your browser.
    3. After this, add your payment details again.
    4. Finally, open the Game & try to make a purchase.

🔻 If after you've updated your Game & reentered your payment info the issue remains, follow these steps ↓↓↓ 

1. Make sure that you have enough free memory on your device (at least 2GB free).
    2. Force close all Apps & restart your device. Leave device switched off for at least 10 seconds before turning it back on.

• michellewall68
    Options

Thank you for some ideas.... just as a follow up question.... I am not sure how I would update things anything further than what is on my laptop through Facebook.. I have never played on my phone, so no update needed there either. When suggesting clearing out my payment method, I am curious why it works on the three other games I play and not this one? I guess I will give it a go on my Facebook account but concerned that this may all not be the solution since it works on other. It's a new computer and i will clear my cache, but from day one, this has not worked. I will let you know how it goes when it is not after 1am in the morning trying to deal with this. Thanks again.

• [Deleted User]
    edited November 2020 Answer ✓
    Options

廾𝗂 there again @michellewall68!

1️⃣ Some updated info on the matter of not being able to connect to the Store.

• Facebook recently made a change to its platform & this means that you might experience issues when sending/receiving Lives and/or messages from Friends as well as with connection & avatars. King is aware of this issue & is working to fix it as quickly as possible.
    • A few Players have reported that the connection problem is sometimes solved by turning off your internet connection for about 5 minutes without closing the Game & activating it back again after that.

2️⃣ To be sure you are playing the newest content, you need to update the Game via your App Store.

• wykoon
    wykoon Posts: 12,714 Community Hub Moderator
    Options

Hi there @michellewall68 and good day to you.

I hope you have also tried writing to Facebook support/help center to report on the issue.

Thank you and hope this can be fixed for you soon.😊

• michellewall68
    Options

Great idea to write Facebook....nothing seems to be helping on the other tips. I'm happy to report I've been clearing levels and haven't needed a booster, but a few times it would have been nice! One move away and no way to add a play gets a little frustrating, but I am getting through. I will let you know how that turns out. Appreciate the suggestion.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?