Discontinue or Modify Sugar Coat and Crystal Candy Blockers

ebammannebammann Posts: 2 Newbie
edited April 23 in Discussions

The Sugar Coat and Crystal Candy Blockers are keeping me from enjoying playing Candy Crush any longer. They cover the candies, so it is almost impossible (at least for me) to tell what color candy is underneath them. I'm on Level 5997 but now getting to the point where I may stop playing. I would recommend to discontinue those blockers or Modify to some kind of boundary or maybe partially cover the candy so that you can still see what it is. Thank you.

Prev1

Comments

• Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?

• SpinnifixSpinnifix Posts: 18,009 Ambassador

Hello and welcome to our friendly community

This is the idea area to improve the game. But it sounds like a discussion. I also think that your proposal will be rejected. There are many players who have already reached level 9000. If you want to change it for every player, how every player likes it, there is chaos and it just doesn't work. I'm so sorry.

@LindQ @Crazy Cat Lad

💓 Where there's a will, there's a way 💓

😉 One look at my profile would help everyone! 👍

Did you know that there is now an international room for German - French - Spanish?

🍐 Player Expert for Papa Pear 🥥

📝🍬creative - competition ✂ 🍐

18.6. - 1.7. 2021

🥦 Badge - event 🌷
  • LindQLindQ Posts: 420 Kingster

I do agree that sometimes it can be hard to see what is underneath the glass tiles and sugar coats, I will take the feedback back to the team, maybe we can do something about them visually eventually 😊

I work with designing and maintaining levels within Candy Crush Saga. Please feel free to ask me about levels, or tell me your favorites!

• FencesFences Posts: 312 Level 3
    edited April 20

@LindQ @Elsa I think the majority of players will feud over another blocker redesign, especially those that are exclusive to HTML5.

• FencesFences Posts: 312 Level 3
    edited April 20

@ebammann Here's a level where crystal candies and sugar coats are used. Not much of a hindrance are they, eh?

• TimhungTimhung Posts: 1,472 Level 5

The appearance can change. I think these two blockers are interesting.

Play Candy Crush Saga together! Share your ideas in the community!😊

• Who are the Game moderators? , click here to know more!
  • AlienscarAlienscar Posts: 1,221 Level 4

Hello @ebammann and welcome to the 'friendly' CCS community.

As good as your idea is unfortunately it is one of those ideas that has been prohibited by the Master List of Ideas. As Spinnifix says any idea do to with level changes should be submitted as a Discussion.

Here is what the Master List has to say:

Please note that many ideas get duplicated several times, therefore, below please find a list of topics that need not be addressed since these topics have been archived (will not be implemented)

Fantastic Five (any discussion on this event), Fish, Go to level (vote HERE for original idea), Levels (anything to do with lives or asking for level changes is not an idea/post it in the Discussion area), Lives (all, including asking for shorter time or more lives), Moves, Rewards for being at the top (the studio is always working on events with rewards), Sharing (lives or boosters with friends), Timed boosters (they are on a clock so once the clock starts ticking it runs until time runs out), Wheel (the wheel was updated not too long ago).

Please do not create new ideas on any of these listed above. Please feel free to check out Tiffi's Idea Library for additional archived ideas. Thank you.

@bearwithme @Crazy Cat Lad

• ebammannebammann Posts: 2 Newbie

Spinnifix and Alienscar,

Thank you for the responses, however, I'm not clear on why my idea is being interpreted as a Level change. To provide some additional clarity, my idea was to either phase out at any newly created levels (sounds like that may not be popular). Or change the appearance so that it's not so difficult to see the color. I'm playing on my phone, and like I said, i find it almost impossible to see the colors, especially on the glass tiles. Thank you.

• Tzvi_MarcuTzvi_Marcu Posts: 1,141 Level 4

@ebammann I vote for this and agree with you

I would recommend to discontinue those blockers or Modify to some kind of boundary 

Hi @ebammann Your idea is asking for a blocker to be removed/discontinued/modified. As any blocker is part of the level design then by asking for a blocker to be removed/modified you are in effect asking for a level change.

Well the issue seems to be a visual issue, not an issue with any particular levels or design of the blocker itself. Requesting a change in graphics to make the game more readable is not a level change.

I work with designing and maintaining levels within Candy Crush Saga. Please feel free to ask me about levels, or tell me your favorites!

@LindQ, ebammann asked me a question and I explained why I thought his idea represents a level change. A change in graphics wouldn't be a level change, but both the idea description and the idea itself asks for the Crystal/Sugar Coat Candy to be discontinued/phased out. I think you would agree that would constitute a level change.

I would recommend to discontinue those blockers

my idea was to either phase out at any newly created levels (sounds like that may not be popular)

As the idea contains both the request to remove the blocker, or change the colour of the blocker there is no way of knowing if the votes cast were to remove the blocker (a level change), or to change its colour.

Question for you @LindQ

I will take the feedback back to the team, maybe we can do something about them visually eventually 

Are you seriously thinking of implementing this idea when the map scrolling idea has gathered over five hundred votes and has been running for years?

@Alienscar We seriously consider a lot of things that can improve the experience, but we don't have all the manpower in the world and some issues take longer to solve than others. I am also not saying we will definitely make a change, but taking the feedback back to those it might concern is something you feel I shouldn't do? Changing graphics like this could be done by one-two artists, whereas implementing a way to navigate the map better would be an effort for devs, designers, artists, QA etc. It's a much bigger project. They are very different things. 😊

• HughLaurie1959HughLaurie1959 Posts: 27 Level 2

Truly oppose.

They aren't impossible to view. They are encasing blockers.

Quote @LindQ but taking the feedback back to those it might concern is something you feel I shouldn't do?

This idea has seven up votes. There are archived ideas with more votes than this that got archived because they didn't have enough votes. If you take this idea just because it is simple to implement then I feel it is just a slap in the face for all those people whose ideas got cancelled. I thought ideas were presented to King dependent on how many votes they got, and not how easy they are to introduce.