Where is the old candy crush

Options
ktr183
ktr183 Posts: 12 Level 2

What has happened to this wonderful game, why is it now so hard to progress, where are all the goodies? This used to be such a lovely way to spend a few hours each day, lots of bonuses and easy to earn goodies, now it's just frustrating, maybe I've played for too long and need to find a more satisfying game. Does anybody else feel the same?

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,031 Legend
    Options

Quote @ktr183: Does anybody else feel the same?

I for one don't feel the same way ktr183, but I have only been playing since February. This means I have nothing to compare it to unlike yourself.

Quote ktr183: where are all the goodies?

Booster Wheel, bonus Booster Wheel spin, Sweet Cinema, bonus Sweet Cinema, Air Delivery, Fantastic Five and watch ads for a free life are a few of the ways I have got for gaining 'goodies'. All that serns to good to me. Are you saying that there used to be more ways?

Quote ktr183: why is it now so hard to progress

That is anybodies guess. The level designers have decided that fewer moves makes for a more enjoyable game. All the complaining should tell them otherwise.

• ktr183
    Options

Are there still ads to watch? Not on my game, I haven't had any bonus ads for months, to me 5 lives, no way of gaining extra lives unless you give them money means I'm getting very bored with this game. It's a shame because it is the original that was the best. This week in the weekly race my 21 levels were smashed into the ground by 2 people who had over 300 levels between them. My fantastic consists of me and 4 duds, perhaps the owners are bored too

• YoshLee44
    YoshLee44 Posts: 102 Level 2
    edited April 2021
    Options

half of the people, or even more than half don't get some of your bonuses, such as bonus wheel spins, sweet cinema (have no clue what that even is), air delivery (have no clue either) and I get absolutely zero ads (which i'm not complaining about). They took my ability to do bonus wheel spins a year ago.

Also we NEED sugar drops back 😭

• Alienscar
    edited April 2021
    Options

Quote @ktr183 It's a shame because it is the original that was the best

to me 5 lives, no way of gaining extra lives unless you give them money 

Did you used to get more than five lives in the original?

The Weekly Race can be a real kick in the nuts for a lot of people from what I can gather. The most levels I have ever completed in a week is 203, but since getting into the triple figure levels I don't get to complete more than 50-70 now. I have just been stuck on an Owl hard level for over a day, so that ruins any chance I have of winning this weeks race.

I try not to take the Epidode Race seriously as otherwise it can mske me play more than I actually have time for. I know though that the gold it provides is important to a lot of players.

If you aren't happy with your Fantastic Five team, have you considered looking for another team? The rewards from F5 are really helpful.

• fizaaa
    fizaaa Posts: 38 Level 2
    Options

I've been wondering this the past couple of weeks. The new episodes after 9000 are among the worst I've played - boring, and consistently very difficult. Over the past week, I've lost the ability to gain boosters as I have in the past, which is making it tougher to complete levels. Either I need a break from Candy Crush or they've made bad changes. Or both. :/

• Alienscar
    Options

Quote @YoshLee44 half of the people, or even more than half don't get some of your bonuses, such as bonus wheel spins, sweet cinema (have no clue what that even is), air delivery (have no clue either) and I get absolutely zero ads (which i'm not complaining about). They took my ability to do bonus wheel spins a year ago.

I realise that not everyone receives the same Events, but that doesn't mean they haven't got some other Event that I didn't list.

If you don't like adverts you wouldn't like the sweet cinema as you have to watch 5-9 adverts to gain five boosters.

I have no idea what a sugar drop is, or how it might be useful

• Kazza-3
    Kazza-3 Posts: 216 Level 3
    edited April 2021
    Options

@Alienscar if you knew what a sugar drop was you would miss them. 🙂 You collected them on every level & could win several boosters in only a few hours.

I have become more frustrated like @ktr183. Right now I get one booster a day with the booster wheel.

Fantastic Five & the daily win sticker give only a few boosters after several days of playing, & some of them are timed which isn’t always useful.

My daily treat calendar disappeared weeks ago.

No idea about Sweet Cinema, Air delivery, bonus spins or watching ads for anything.

I don’t stand a chance in any of the events that appear in the game, such as collecting crowns, passing levels etc. I’m always miles behind on the leaderboard. I don’t have the resources to spend my way to the top, & the rewards are generally not worth it.

I really miss the chocolate box as it was the only other guaranteed way for boosters every day. I really hope it comes back.

I just wish they could create an even playing field so everyone has access to the same thing instead of constantly trotting out the “test group” explanation.

I just plug along, & if it takes me 4 days to pass a level I’ve just had to accept it. I don’t worry too much about the gold bars because I usually lose them by accidentally hitting the 6 hours free for 69 bars button. 🤦‍♀️

• maryjane117
    maryjane117 Posts: 537 Level 3
    Options

This is the one "candy" game that I can even play anymore as all the others are too cartoonish. The fruits/gems whatever are so bright and big I can't stand to play them. I agree that the levels are pretty damn hard and frustrating but as annoyed as it can make me I can usually still pass the level without paying.

• ktr183
    Options

Ads are not available at all on my game, I'm playing on my smart phone maybe that's the problem. Why there are many different versions of this game is a mystery

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?