Infinite Jest; candy style

Well here's an unanticipated and wholly bizarre scenario I encountered for 30 minutes tonight in the candy kingdom: the vast majority of my crushing exploits take place on my mobile device, but every so often I bring it up on my craptop for a little encore... when my game loaded I noticed a conspicuous Bubblegum Troll slinking around at large on my map and felt perhaps the tiniest pang of guilt at the unsolicited opportunity to double-dip on the day's payload after having once again frustrated his attempt at the misappropriation of certain spring baskets earlier this morning...

I 'thought' it may have been guilt association mind you; more probably I'm just developing another cavity #HazardOfTheTrade

Whichever it was, I stashed my own ill-gotten gains and made haste to my current level assignment; one level 6403

Now this particular level uses resource preservation as the framework for its contest (effectively rendering any unsuspecting player's booster repertoire not merely impotent, rather they become the active threat):

Because if your already emaciated field of play isn't already bonsai-ed enough by the level's structure, maintaining enough "valid order targets" throughout the cripplingly slow 5 turns before more candies rain down like manna from heaven to replenish your dwindling supply seemed difficult (and it did, as it happens) when you show up empty-handed, it becomes a patented impossibility when it comes loaded for bear with a color bomb, a striped and wrapped candy combo and #BaneOfMyExistence those 🤬 🐟

"Right, right," says I, "one must go in fisticuffs for this one. Little mano a mano action, I'll just, oh...." 😕

"Right, I CAN'T deselect my arsenal for the duration of the next 30 minutes, hmm.... well let's see if I can be frugal:

😖🔫

"bah, I'll just run my lives out--"

💣💦

Nope

No, sir. Just to add insult to injury, your misbegotten spoils will ensure that even in the act of KILLING yourself....

No gentleman's surrender, no tipping of the proverbial king...

Your petition to regain what passes as your dignity through the honorable act of falling on one's own sword in ritual seppuku... has been denied.

"not according to what they do not know, but according to what they do knowshall they be judged" --Romans2:12

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?