⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Impossible Sugar Stars?

Options
JeffMakesGames
JeffMakesGames Posts: 115 Level 3
edited July 2021 in Support

Ever since the scoring system was changed, I feel like no one truly took the time to go back to older levels and make it possible to earn sugar stars in the event someone fails a level and cannot get a crown, as the only way to get a diamond trophy is to crown and/or sugar star all levels of an episode. For instance, level 59 requires a score of 800,000 points to get sugar stars. I am lucky if I can even score half of this amount.

Will the team look into adjusting the target scores and make it more possible to sugar star all levels?

Answers

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,049 Legend
    Options

That is a very good question @JeffMakesGames, but it is a difficult one for anyone on here to answer with any authority. I have seen posts from the level designer @LindQ that hint at the fact that the lower levels haven't been looked at much. So the results of the scoring system can effect them in just the way you describe.

I could be wrong, but I don't think they have any plans to correct the lower levels to rectify this kind of problem.

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 145,411 Candy Moderator
    edited July 2021
    Options

Hi and Welcome to our Community

Thanks for sharing. i just play Level 59 and got 3 star . will pass this to the game team

• Tzvi_Marcu
    Tzvi_Marcu Posts: 2,567 Level 5
    Options

@kiara_wael Do you think that every level can be done with sugar Stars. I have a lot of them in the lower levels that are not Gold Crown and cannot be done with Sugar Star too.

• hechicerilla
    hechicerilla Posts: 10,353 Legend
    Options

This is what I got when I played level 59 many years ago.

And this is what I got right now by replaying it.

I don't know if this helps

• JeffMakesGames
    JeffMakesGames Posts: 115 Level 3
    edited July 2021
    Options

I see you got 430k points. That sounds about right for me as well. Trying to reach 800k for sugar stars is just not possible. When people can't get a crown for a level, the only option is to get sugar stars to improve their trophies.

The CCS Team definitely needs to go back and adjust the scores to older levels. Some level designs still seem to be made where the level designer thinks that the Color Bomb + Candy Bomb combos still net a ton of points when it no longer does this. (I know it did back in Flash.)

• arwen777
    arwen777 Posts: 1,394 Level 5
    Options

They've revisited some older levels, but they still have a long way to go to fix the impossible ones! A positive change that I discovered recently was on level 421. When I replayed it for the Yeti contest, I easily got sugar stars with only 101340 points! The first time I had passed it with 218636 and it had barely given me three regular stars!!

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5
    edited July 2021
    Options

You are right that King team neglects to modify Sugar Star targets/target scores in general for levels where they significantly redesigned it. However, L59 is not one of those levels where the targets are unattainable IMO. I got near the SS target some months ago, and it seems another player in my board was also very close to it:

Those 4-color levels like L59 are highly luck-dependent (on cascades); you just haven't gotten lucky (yet).

You have a more valid point that King is not modifying target scores for many older levels where the Candy Bomb+Color Bomb bonus was in effect. I have a bigger beef with that.

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5
    Options

I replayed L59 right after posting and got a score of 685k by move 0 (I chose to lose the life).

You may simply be playing the level wrong. Sometimes you get more cascades the tighter a jam you're in. Also, it may sound counterproductive, but don't aim for clearing the jellies. If you do that, you'll clear the level too fast.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?