random bots started getting added anytime i log out and back in

Options
Deryck
Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5
edited October 2021 in Discussions

@Crazy Cat Lad Ever since the recent Facebook outage, anytime I log out and in to my CCS account (Win app), instead of getting 10 actual new players (how things used to be), I'm presented with a set of bots that don't even play:

Give us back actual players who are playing the game and are at high levels. Part of the fun of logging in and out for me is seeing which random hot player I'm paired with. It's no fun when the game only spits out duds now.

I don't think it's a coincidence this started happening after the Facebook outage. Tell the game team to look into the connection.

Comments

• Glenn1972
    Glenn1972 Posts: 16,650 Pro Player 👑
    Options

Hello @Deryck , great to see you!

Many players are reporting a few out-of-the-ordinary issues. The Game Studio is working on some system problems and a new update to the game is scheduled to be out on Oct 13

System work could be the reason

• Deryck
    Options

@Glenn1972 🤞 then

Will definitely be bumping this thread and pestering CCL until the matter is corrected.

• Glenn1972
    Glenn1972 Posts: 16,650 Pro Player 👑
    edited October 2021
    Options

Hi @Deryck , great‼️ 🎃

Until the scheduled update comes out, if you are on a mobile device please do the standard trouble shooting.

->Log out, update your game application, restart your device and login, if playing through browser please clear cache / history. And login again.

Win 10 should auto update but you may have clear "cache / history" if you are playing through a browser.

Please do not uninstall the app, you will lose boosters and gold bars as they are stored in your device memory

Deryck, it is always a pleasure seeing you and reading you comments.

Stay tuned and let the community know what is going on by commenting below

My kind regards, Glenn

• Deryck
    edited October 2021
    Options

@Glenn1972 I checked that thread, but it seems completely unrelated to the matter of my post. I've never had any "Server Error" messages, playing either on the Win10 app or King.com--not to mention that thread only deals with one "broken" (again, mine never broke tho) feature: the Chocolate Box.

I do appreciate your attention though.

I again believe this issue is related to the recent Facebook outage, so I implore @Crazy Cat Lad to tell the game studio to examine the connection.

Sure, maybe those "server errors" had residual effects resulting in what my post highlights, but I doubt it.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,049 Legend
    Options

Hi @Deryck The Facebook outage had nothing at all to do with King. As I am sure you are aware the cause of the issue was totally the fault of Facebook staff and related to a configuration change that affected their backbone routers. Logically this would would appear to indicate that there there is nothing that King can do to fix Facebook as they aren't responsible for Facebook's routers.

One thing that springs to mind is the car crash that is Candy Connections. I wonder if Facebook crashing and restarting has had the effect of forcing Candy Connections into your game.

The other thing that springs to mind is all of the recent posts about random players appearing in people's friends list. I think these posts appeared before the Facebook issue, but as is normal for King there is no clear reason provided for why suddenly everyone is seeing uninvited people appear in their friends list.

• Deryck
    Options

@Alienscar "Logically this would would appear to indicate that there there is nothing that King can do to fix Facebook as they aren't responsible for Facebook's routers"

I was only half serious in a recent Support thread, but I do believe Facebook is either partnered with or owns Candy Crush, so whatever server reboot affected Facebook also affected King. King probably won't publicly admit to that being that they don't want players to know they're being spied on, of course.

The threads you link with possible similar issues have a commonality of features forcing random people into players' games. What my post distinguishes is that randomly logging out (of the Win app to be clear) results in this happening--and it never used to do that until the Facebook outage.

I've never seen a trace of Candy Connections in my game, but I'd gladly welcome it if it means I can be be able to select players I don't want in my game to have them not appear. That still won't solve the issue of the game not adding real players after I log out/start a new game though.

To illustrate, this is what it looks like:

In the past (pre-Facebook outage), logging out would result in 10 "real" players (oftentimes with their real names) of various advanced levels (rarely anyone under L10) being placed on the leaderboard and, after logging back into my account, those same players would join my account leaderboard.

Now, mainly "Player" seems to have taken over.

• Alienscar
    edited October 2021
    Options

@Deryck Yeah you might have missed the reason that I linked the posts as it isn't immediately obvious.

All of the linked posts have someone that says 'My entire friends list disappeared! HELP!' That is essentially what you are saying, and that is why I linked the posts. They haven't lost their friends from a feature, they have just lost the choice of being able to add their friends. I thought this was too similar to your issue to be a coincidence I thought. If you search you will find quite a few more posts complaining that people's friends list are now made up of people that they do not know. These people are saying similar things you in that they don't understand why random people have turned up uninvited when that didn't used to be the case.

I am not trying to say that this is the same as your issue, I am just trying to point out that something odd is going on with how friends are treated in people's games. I thought that maybe the something odd might possibly have affected you as well.

• Deryck
    Options

@Alienscar Gotcha. I guess what I didn't distinguish is that the random players I used to get were still random to me, but at least they were real. The linked threads seem to contain people who lost people in their game they actually do know (personally or on FB).

I like your statement "there is no clear reason provided for why suddenly everyone is seeing uninvited people appear in their friends list" though --> That's pretty universal lol.

• Alienscar
    Options

Ha yeah I understand that people get grouped with random players as a matter of routine in Candy Crush. I was just thinking that the reason people have lost their real friends when previously they have been able to play the game with them might be linked to your problem. Doubt we will ever know.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?