An Alternative Summary Of Candy Crush 2021

Options
Alienscar
Alienscar Posts: 14,985 Legend

What a year 2021 has been for Candy Crush!

A Basketball player that no one outside of America had heard of caused post after post of people wanting to quit the game. This was followed by more people wanting to quit the game due to an equally well known American socialite hosting the US All Stars. In between these events the Sweet Crew feature was introduced, and bizarrely the act of receiving lives, moves and lollipops for free caused more people to quit. With all those quitters it makes me wonder who is left.

The Chocolate Box got removed in April due to 'issues' and when it returned it had changed into the Deluxe Chocolate Box. No one is quite sure what is deluxe about having to use two Party Boosters, or four UFO to win a 15 minute timed Colour Bomb but at least no one threatened to quit. Oh that is until the Deluxe Chocolate Box caused a server error then the Chocolate Box got removed again, and people wanted to quit again.

On the subject of server errors we had the brand new feature called Sam's Streak. This was brilliant as you could lose your Candy Necklace progress, but keep your Streak progress. Expect it worked once and then couldn't contact the server. This went on for a while. It is fixed now, but no one can get the rewards as you have to complete at least ten levels a day in order to be at the top of the Streak. As everyone knows the practice of making the levels fun and challenging for everyone means that you are lucky to complete four levels every other day.

In July the Daily Treat Machine was introduced to replace the Treat Calendar. We were so looking forward to the bigger and better rewards, but we have all been left a bit baffled. The Treat Calendar gave us a Free Switch, Colour Bomb & Striped/Wrapped every seven days, but the Daily Treat Machine gives us one Fish every day. We do get the promise of a jackpot though.

In August the Power Pop feature was introduced to a select few. This was then further rolled to to more player's in October. True to form, and just like the previous features introduced this year the Power Pop does not work do to an issue that is now being investigated.

In August Candy Crush reached Level 10,000. Four months later people are still waiting for their promised banner. Luckily some people got to play nine very hard levels in order to gain their banner.

Also in August a huge mistake was made with the Fireworks Festival. The mistake was that we were given one week to complete 110 levels. Obviously this should have been 110 days to complete one level.

Not counting the Daily Treat Calendar, Deluxe Choc Box, Sweet Crew, Power Pop, or Sam's Streak a load of new features were also introduced into Candy Crush this year. Candy Cobra, Jelly Jar, Gold Rush. Except they weren't. Unless you happen to be extremely lucky and are part of a secret test group then you will never to get to see these brand new helpful features.

Just as Candy Crush will be celebrating its tenth anniversary next year something is celebrating it's first anniversary this year. Adverts crashing the game has been an issue for just over a year now, but rest assured that the issue is being investigated.

So there you have it, 2021 for Candy Crush. I can't wait until next year to see which feature will be the first one to work without an issue. I also can't wait to see how many people quit when they see whoever the face of any tenth anniversary Event is.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Comments

• Tzvi_Marcu
    Tzvi_Marcu Posts: 2,579 Level 5
    Options

@Alienscar I read your summary is not perfect but true. As I understand the role of summary is to learn what was good and continue to do in the future and what was bad to improve and prevent mistakes from happening again. I think when you make a summary it should not be only in the positive things that were done then everyone is happy that everything is good and then there is nothing to improve. I do not at all think that we should include the summary of the year that was with blessings for next year in order not to spoil the joy of the holiday. I hope the CM and Moderators will read your post and will transfer to the King management.

• Kazza-3
    Kazza-3 Posts: 219 Level 3
    Options

@Alienscar I enjoyed your summary.

It makes so many issues clear. I wish we could have just a few events/features that all work rather than a whole bunch that have problems. That and a level field where everyone gets to enjoy the same features. That work properly. 🙂

Merry Christmas to you too!

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,985 Legend
    Options

@Tzvi_Marcu I agree with you a summary should not be just about selecting those things you thought went well. It is only fair to your customers that you at least acknowledge the mistakes you made throughout the year. By pretending that 2021 only delivered good things to everyone it sends out the message that they aren't interested in their customers.

@Kazza-3 A level playing field with every player receiving the same features is most definitely what everyone wants this game to look like.

As you say feature after feature, and event after event that do not work just isn't good for anyone involved with Candy Crush.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?