Gold Bar Race

Gruncher
Gruncher Posts: 53 Level 2

I noticed recently that the golden bar race (at least for me), got reduced back to the original setting of 1st Place=10 bars, 2nd Place=5 bars and 3rd place=2 bars with fourth and fifth place getting nothing.

What happened here? I thought I was level 2, because I know for a fact the values were higher earlier on. Did I get demoted, or did they change things back to what it was originally?

Comments

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager

Hi @Gruncher !

The Episode Race like all challenges and features get updated or tweaked from time to time. Therefore they may look different, work in another way and also the rewards may also change.

The Episode Race had a recent update and the rewards were tweaked in the feature.

I hope you still enjoy the race!

• Spieler_8675309
    Spieler_8675309 Posts: 4,308 Level 5
    edited December 2021

quote:

GB race

Hey there, read this; as you (like @LyndallD) are not alone in getting screwed out of gold bars with this feature, & being on level 2 has nothing to do with it...

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 16,136 Legend

@Crazy Cat Lad The Episode Race like all challenges and features get updated or tweaked from time to time. 

Why is it that every update/tweak to a feature seems to make the feature worse for the players?

Treat Machine, Season Pass, and now the Episode Race have all been tweaked, and without exception they offer a worse experience following the tweak.

I hope you still enjoy the race!

How can you expect people to still enjoy a feature when two of the finishing positions offer nothing as the reward?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?