How many people?

Options
kasmeowz
kasmeowz Posts: 2 Newbie

How many people are competing to get in to the final for LA?

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,720 Legend
    Options

Last year 18 million people competed in the All Stars @kasmeowz

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,750 Level 5
    edited April 18
    Options

By what King have made public, mathematically we can be certain that there will be at least 1.25 million players starting Final Knockout Round 1 on Saturday. It may however be more but I am certain it would not be less than this figure.

I worked it out here:

• Alienscar
    Options

Here is something for you to consider @christinewupp we know 18 million people played in last years All Stars because King's Vice President of marketing, Luken Aragon, has said so in an interview with Pocket Gamer.

If I understand the T&Cs correctly all 18 million of those players are still in the game because no one actually gets knocked out until the start of the Second Chance 2 Round 2. If your calculations are correct it seems really unfair that 18 million players suddenly gets reduced to 1.25 million over the course of one round.

Personally I don't trust King and given that knockout rounds 1 and 2 don't actually knockout anyone out then I wonder if we should be judging this competition based on what is considered normal for knockout competitions. That is, I don't believe we can start with the ten finalists and work backwards with any confidence. This isn't a competition run by the normal rules of knockout competitions, so we can't make any assumptions just based on the final ten.

• christinewupp
    edited April 18
    Options

Let us assume that 18 million players started the event, given it's the same countries participating as in 2023. I'm not sure that all of them are still in it, because I'm not sure that every player who failed in the first rounds would have had the second chance round pop up. @MannyFae has suggested this may not be the case.

But assuming now that with 18 million starting, we now know that 50% were knocked out in round 1, 50% of these were knocked out in round 2, and then 70% of those were knocked out in round 3. Let us ignore the Second Chance rounds for now. Anyone can do the maths on that?

• christinewupp
    edited April 18
    Options

18,000,000 divided by 2 = 9,000,000

9,000,000 divided by 2= 4,500,000

4,500,000 divided by 10 times 3 = 1,350,000

Have I got that right?

And then to that we need to add all the last second chance players.

• Alienscar
    Options

That is my point @christinewupp no one gets knocked out in Stages 1-3

Second Chance 2 Round 1:

5.6.12. Where Participants: (i) are unable to collect sufficient amounts of special All Stars candy in Second Chance 1 Round 1, Second Chance 1 Round 2, or Stage 3 to pass to Stage 4, or (ii) have not yet participated in any of the previous Stages, Participants may be offered a chance to pass to Stage 4 through the Second Chance Rounds: Second Chance 2 Round 1 and Second Chance 2 Round 2. Collect the special All Stars candy and finish first place in a Tournament Leaderboard in Second Chance 2 Round 1 to reach Second Chance 2 Round 2.

• MannyFae
    MannyFae Posts: 375 Level 4
    edited April 18
    Options

By my maths, it takes 16,666,666 players starting in Qualifiers to get 1,250,000 players in the Final Knockouts. It's not quite as many as the number from last year, but still within the same range.

To be honest, I am surprised how small the leaderboard groups are, only 10 players in the first three rounds and only 50 in the Final Knockouts. I vaguely remember reading about 100 players per leaderboard in Semi-Final round 3 last year. Am I wrong?

From what I understand, the 18 million figure is the total number of players who were participating in the tournament at various stages. Those who participated in the Second Chance rounds are included if that's the case.

• Alienscar
    Options

Yes @MannyFae but disregarding all the players knocked out due to changing their clocks, or uninstalling their app, or losing the Event for some other reason every player that started the competition on March 28th and hasn't lost the Event can play in the Second Chance 2 Round 1

• christinewupp
    Options

I did ask @ponce123 who was part of semi final 3 last year how many players were in their final leaderboard, and they confirmed it was 50. But if the leaderboards only show 50 players there might still be more who are not visible to any one player. If there were 100 players per leaderboard then our numbers calculated would change of course.

What King state is :

Participants’ collected special All Stars candies score will be displayed in CCS in a Tournament leaderboard of up to 49 other Participants during Stages 1 – 6 (“Tournament Leaderboard”). 

I do believe this is also what they stated last year. That wording isn't altogether clear in my view. The word "displayed" , does this mean that there are only 49 other players or does it mean each player will only see 49 other players in their leaderboard? I definitely remember seeing 100 competitors in other leaderboard competitions I have played during 2023, the Candy Cup I think was one. I guess we'll have to wait until the weekend to find out. I can't wait!

• MannyFae
    MannyFae Posts: 375 Level 4
    Options

Participants’ collected special All Stars candies score will be displayed in CCS in a Tournament leaderboard of up to 49 other Participants during Stages 1 – 6 (“Tournament Leaderboard”). 

That wording in T&C is a bit odd, but I thought it just emphasizes the fact that there are other leaderboard groups playing at the same time, and those participants are not visible to the player. I'm not sure how it can work if there are more than 50 players in each group but only 50 of them can be seen.

Every player that started the competition on March 28th and hasn't lost the Event can play in the Second Chance 2 Round 1

Yes @Alienscar, if King allows the Second Chance round to appear in their game. And King will give an opportunity to participate in Second Chance to as many players as they need to fill the number of the Final Knockouts participants they want.

Personally I don't trust King and given that knockout rounds 1 and 2 don't actually knockout anyone out then I wonder if we should be judging this competition based on what is considered normal for knockout competitions. That is, I don't believe we can start with the ten finalists and work backwards with any confidence. This isn't a competition run by the normal rules of knockout competitions, so we
    can't make any assumptions just based on the final ten.

I agree with your opinion on King and the nature of this tournament in general. I just find it interesting to gather bits of information and try to make sense of it.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?