Final Knockout rounds: Questions King don't answer

Options
christinewupp
christinewupp Posts: 6,067 Level 5

Any questions for which the answer can't be found in the official posts by the community manager I will post here. Please join and we will try to answer best we can.

Comments

• christinewupp
    Options

Question 1:

How many players will be competing in Knockout Round 1?

Answer:

At least 1,25 million.

Question 2:

How many separate leaderboards will there be:

Answer: 25,000 probably by my maths

• christinewupp
    Options

Question 3: Will there be cheaters?

Answer: Undoubtedly there will be cheaters in this competition. A grand prize of a million dollars will attract many cheaters, naturally. The question should really be: Will cheaters get eliminated by King?

I cannot answer this one either, but am certain that they won't win the prize! They will not get invited to the live final by King. King have all the details of each player ID, enough to work out if a player stuck to all the Terms and Conditions. They have specified that they will reserve the right to choose which players from the final 10 groups will be invited to the live final.

The big question remains if King have taken steps to eliminate cheaters BEFORE the end of the final round. That remains to be seen. They have had a year to prepare for this and maybe the many changes we have witnessed in the game have been part of that preparation. We live in hope that this is so.

• christinewupp
    Options

Question 4: Why are the final knockout rounds so long without at break?

Answer: There are two possibilities I can think of. One is that King may think this might level out the playing field and improve fairness. It might even help to spot bots, since every player has to sleep, don't they? But the other possibility is probably more likely: More players playing for longer brings in more money for King, so it makes for a better profit.

• SS7
    SS7 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

Where in California will the final be? How will the final be played; such as on a computer screen, can we use our phones, etc...? Also, how can King pick the final 10, if you have won in the last round? If you win, you win and so so go to the final. Also, the final will only be the final 10,correct?

• SS7
    SS7 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

By the way, thank you for answering my questions. I appreciate it. Have. A great day.

• christinewupp
    edited April 18
    Options

Hello @SS7. The final will be held in Los Angeles, but the exact location is not known by us yet. As for the other questions, I can only go by what happened last year. Last year I think the 10 finalists were all given a tablet to play on, so no, they weren't using their own phones.

The "if you win you win" issue, that is what we all thought last year. There were a lot of screenshots posted of the final 10 groups of All Stars 2023 and I seem to remember that not one of the winners ended up going to the live finals in London. I think generally a lot of the ten winners were cheaters not abiding by the Terms and Conditions. However, King never answered any of our questions as to how they decided which players they did invite to London in All Stars 2023. There were however a number of players I heard of who were offered the place but declined due to personal reasons. And one player was denied a place because they did not have a visa.

• lunettesombre
    lunettesombre Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

It's not possible first round 1m5 player unless he has groups of 100

• Pyrolight
    Pyrolight Posts: 844 Level 3
    edited April 18
    Options

5. If you are serious, will you need to spend money?

Very likely. Saw someone mention spending 4000 GBP, or 5000 USD last year. Will you need this much? Probably not but you will likely have to have a ton of gold stored up or be willing to buy a good amount of it.

6. Is King having this contest because they love the players?

No. As Mr Crabs would say, Money! This contest is intended to do two things:

1. Get more people playing the game, thus spending money.
    2. Give King a nice little boost in revenue as they will make many times more than they will spend on this event.

Additional to point 4 (forum monster permitting) the longer event = more money.

As people start to pull ahead, more and more people will decide to spend real money to keep up. A longer duration means there is more time to people to both notice the gap and try and catch up by spending money.

Short breaks do not give people a chance to really think if they are making a good decision and will likely keep firing money at King whereas if there was a longer gap, cooler heads might prevail.

• christinewupp
    edited April 18
    Options

Fab contribution @Pyrolight and thank you for that! I totally agree with your point no. 5 as well. I had come to just about the same conclusion. I have my game with 15,000 gold in the account. That is well enough to play all starting boosters, a UFO and/or party popper for the hard levels. I'd say, yes, if I worked at it ten hours per day for the entire week, I'd probably stand a chance ( if I didn't have better things to do next week….) and likewise, any player who spends £4000 on gold bars and knows the algorithms like you and I do would genuinely stand a chance. But then again, how many thousands of players have been preparing for All Stars 2024 since All Stars 2023 and have stashed up 15,000 gold bars?

This will be very, very competitive, because if thousands of players are good enough to win, whatever happens, only 10 players actually will!

Brilliant points about players spending money when they are tired and not thinking straight. Absolutely right and quite hits the mark.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?