How to spot a cheater during All Stars Final Knockout Rounds

Options
christinewupp
christinewupp Posts: 6,068 Level 5

There will definitely be cries during the next week of cheaters here in the community.

So since I will be too busy to answer those posts here I post my answers in anticipation:

Firstly if you want to win your group then reporting a potential cheater will not aid your quest. No one can investigate a cheater during the round and King will not do this. They might have an automated system in place to eliminate cheaters, but they certainly won't follow up individual complaints, so best not to bother. Just don't waste money on trying to catch up if it looks hopeless.

If a player scores 200,000 per hour then they are definitely not a cheater. That is a perfectly possible score.

Don't use the player cards to try to determine if a player is cheating! Player cards don't get updated as quickly as the leaderboards! Only the leaderboard is live. We don't know how often or when the player cards get updated by King. It is possible they don't get updated at all during the round, or once per day. Also they are often faulty and have been since they were introduced.

So what if the player cards tells you the player only played 75 levels during the last week though you notice that player scoring a million points in three hours? It does NOT mean they are a cheater. It means they are an expert player who did not waste energies during the qualification rounds, joined their groups late, so they only played 75 levels in the past seven days to qualify. In fact these exactly players to watch out for. They rested during the qualifiers and will now play all out to win the round. But this doesn't mean they are cheaters, they are skilled, experienced players using a clever strategy.

Comments

• christinewupp
    Options

So what constitutes cheating? In fact almost everything is against some of the Terms and Conditions!

According to the T&C any player having used any in game glitches at all ever during their game to gain boosters would in breach of this:

4.6.1. Using or taking advantage of any exploit or vulnerability in CCS which is not expressly authorized by us, or would reasonably be considered to not have been intended by us (in each case, whether accomplished using hardware, software, a combination thereof, or otherwise);

A lot of us have done this! And in all likelihood all the players fighting it out for the top spot will have taken advantage of some glitch in the game at some point during their game. Anyone trying any tricks during the contest itself would have been kicked out as changing the clock or date on your device will make All Stars disappear. Good. But players who have spent months creating a new player ID and account could have used glitches for months to gain a lot of gold. This player looks like they must have done this:

The problem is: YOU can't know this. Only King will know. Only King have a record of how much money a player has spent. I have calculated that I could have bought all this gold and boosters spending £4000. So this player is only a cheater if they spent no money. You don't know this. So don't accuse players of cheating just because they seem to be playing so fast they must be using a lot of boosters. They might have spent money to get prepared for All Stars! You will have to trust King to eliminate such players.

• christinewupp
    edited April 19
    Options

What we can say though with some certainty is that any player who plays non-stop for the entire 90 hours will be a cheater. They might be sharing their player ID with another person, which is against the rules, using a bot or whatever means they figured out. No person can stay awake and play Candy Crush for the entire round. I hope that King have an automated system in place to eliminate such players and if that happened during the round, that really would be an improvement from last year.

One final point: I think the old offline trick won't work this year, because I happened to notice during qualifiers that I don't get the 30x multiplier when I lose my internet connection. Though this method (hiding your score by playing offline and then overtaking others unawares) is officially not classed as cheating, I think anyone planning on using this strategy may be in for a surprise. I think the 30x multiplier only gets awarded to levels played whilst online.

• dannooo
    dannooo Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

My comment is that groups are set with individuals that are at certain levels my issue is the fact that usually the leaders are in levels that are under a thousand levels or under 500 levels, it is tough competition when you are over 9,000 or 10000 levels competing with under 500 level individual ,can Candy crush fix this issue?

• GiggzZz
    GiggzZz Posts: 20 Level 2
    Options

Hi Christine

Allways read your posts, they are very useful. My concerns are if King hás enough scripts to ban cheaters right away and not only after the event ends. That would save a lot off people not wasting money trying hard to catch those cheaters. On another hand, o hope King monotorize people playing too many hours without stop...that could mean someone is playing for you and its cheating. Additionally i hope that they have the maths to know whats a reasonably rate for purples per minute and ban on time, someone with stranger numbers. Good Luck everyone.

• christinewupp
    Options

Hi @GiggzZz and thanks! I wish exactly the same, that King might have developed a means to eliminate cheaters early on in the knockout rounds. There have been a lot of changes in the game over the past 12 months and I hold some hope that perhaps they would help King spot cheaters early. Maybe not giving a 30x multiplier for offline play is part of trying to discourage cheating. It will be interesting to see. We will soon find out. Good luck in the event!

• GiggzZz
    GiggzZz Posts: 20 Level 2
    Options

Hi Chirstinewupp!

I always read your comments with attention, they are very useful.

My concern is to what extent King will be able to detect all types of cheating, not only hacking and bots but also account sharing, the excessive number of hours of play (human beings need to rest, it is impossible for anyone to play dozens of hours in a row for 1 week). On the other hand, for those who are still competing, it becomes quite frustrating to be trying hard, when you probably have 2 or 3 cheaters at the top of the leaderboard without you knowing it. Having said that, it is very easy for someone to spend money trying to catch cheaters, which will never happen. I hope King has scripts to banish cheaters right away (example: excessive number of sweets per minute, hours of playing, etc.), because anything that isn't done right away will cause chaos with the other competitors.

• CANDYMAAN44
    CANDYMAAN44 Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

Well if king had the power to view our camera from our smart device they would be able to see the true person playing, I would agree to random snapshots during thia final knockout round

• ZDMIKE7
    ZDMIKE7 Posts: 19 Level 2
    Options

Hey Christine, I’ve read a lot of your posts and this one definitely is interesting. So I think my Season Pass is glitched because I already claimed all the levels a few days ago but not it looks like it reset itself. I definitely think this is a glitch and I am not touching those with a 10ft pole, but now I’m nervous that this will come up or be held against me, even if I don’t claim it. What do you think?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?