Score mechanism

Evan_Lei
Evan_Lei Posts: 295 Level 3

On level 1878, I played this level on my iPhone. Since I was in version 1.185, something is wrong. A regular match is 40-60 while a candy bomb was worth 500. Why does the mechanism make it harder?

Comments

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,664 Sweet Legend

Hello and welcome to our beautiful community

I do not understand what you mean. That's why I'm giving you the superstar. @kiara_wael

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5

I just posted about this in the the most recent discussion thread from the community mod.

It appears the points system has changed where scores are no longer racking up points the same way. It's a whorrible change that no one asked for.

But then King isn't in the habit of actually giving players what they like and want.

• Evan_Lei

How about level 1394? How to beat this game with new mechanism?

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5

Good observation. I didn't realize using a color bomb on a candy bomb also resulted in a drastically reduced point change.

But to answer your Q, that's how to pass the level (1394). I barely passed it with 1 star when replaying just now.

Getting 2 stars, 3 stars though - out of the question with the new change.

• Pounawea
    Pounawea Posts: 4,514 Community Manager

Dear community,

Thank you for your comments @Evan_Lei and @Deryck .

As you guys mentioned above, a few players around the world are seeing changes in the Candy Crush Saga points system.

Let me share with you some details:

During the last months, we been worked on the Points System in the game.

Thanks to all the feedback received regarding the points system in the game, our objectives are improving the Control, Consistency and in-game Communication around the score and the points we get after performing certain actions. We want to make it more comprehensive and more understandable for everyone how many points they earned for completing that action.

Actually, this image from our sweet forum shows why we wanted to update the system:

How many points did each one of those candies give that player and why?

We want the new system to be pretty straightforward and we are also working on some other new features that will be coming soon to the game and will work with this new system!

As for all changes, we will all need some time to understand & get use to them. Now, if you have the new Point system available in your game, please do share your feedback with us! We look forward to reading you comments!

Have a delicious day and see you around the forum. 🍬🍬

• Evan_Lei
    edited September 2020

With the score mechanism, how about level 5141? A one move level that they automatically pass the level.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?