Sneaky, strategic, dirty tricks by King: Sabotage the fun!

B-2
B-2 Posts: 56 Level 3

I am sick of King's sneaky ways to take away the fun of the game AND try to get us frustrated enough to maybe spend money?? Here are a few:

1. After you spin the wheel, whatever you win, is automatically green checked on your booster page and ready for use. You have to specifically uncheck it if you're not ready to use it yet.

2. The "play on" button (which will cost 10 bars) is where the "retry" button used to be. If not paying close attention, it will cost you!

3. When you rank up, the five lives that you earn will not be added above and beyond 5 total. So if you already are sitting at 5 lives, you will get nothing! They do not add on above 5!

3. Twice when I spun the daily wheel, it was stuck on the side of the prong, but on the jackpot side, yet I got the coconut wheel on the other side of the prong.

4. I often play on more than one device, and if they are not synced up yet, I easily can go into the wrong level. One that I've already played. And I either have to play and win it or lose a life because we can no longer back out without losing a life.

5. I keep getting matched up in the Fantastic Five with people who are obviously not even playing. You would think that the system would be able to do better than this. (I have not been offered team choice yet)

6. I recently got three goldfish I didn't want, at the cost of seven bars, when that sale button popped up on the screen exactly where I would normally use to advance to the next level- strategic placement on King's part! Putting buttons where if we are not paying close attention, will be to their advantage.

7. No confirm or deny option. Give us a choice to correct our error or change our minds! So do not bump any button or booster by mistake!

8. "Play on?" Screen comes up and covers our game, so we can not even look back and see if it's worth our while. Game forces you to make a quick, blind decision.

Example of #3:

I play this game early in the morning while I'm having my coffee. It's part my wake-up routine. So they probably enjoy people like me who are still a little foggy when they play, and waste all their perks. 

Game is supposed to be fun, but taking away perks, making levels harder, and all the dirty strategies mentioned above, make it so frustrating! Also just goes to show that King tries to trick us into spending money, because most of us are pretty dead set against doing that intentionally. Yet, dang! we are hooked....of course, King knows and saw to that, too!!!!!

Comments

• Albert_Heinrich
    Albert_Heinrich Posts: 2,615 Level 4
    edited August 2020

@B-2, your point 2 is very valid. A week or so ago, I replayed a level for possible Sugar Stars. As a rule I do not use any Boosters, or extra lives then playing such levels.

To my surprise I had extra moves, when I pressed the "Retry" button. It was only with the next try when I realised my Gold Bars was now minus 10.

A day or so later the same thing happened. It's only now after reading your post that I realized what must have happened.

Point 3 also very valid, happened to me quite a few times. You only get the prize if it's not on " Jackpot"

I wonder if I can claim my bars back, LoL.

• Gary_Turner
    Gary_Turner Posts: 281 Level 3

Due to the points above that’s why I’ve stopped playing. I still read everyone’s comments though. I’ve been saying all along that this game is money orientated and not fun to play anymore. Looks like I was right.

Obviously they are now so greedy for even more money that they taking to underhand tactics by moving buttons around so that players lose even more boosters and bars even quicker. They say money is the root of all evil. Hope it bites them on the ass

• Gary_Turner
    Gary_Turner Posts: 281 Level 3

These points above are why I stopped playing. I still read everyone’s comments though. I’ve always said that this game is now money orientated and not fun to play anymore. Looks as though I was right.

They’ve now got so greedy that they have moved buttons around so that you lose your boosters and bars a lot quicker if you’re not careful. Underhand tact indeed. They say money is the root of all evil. Hopefully that’s true and KING get their comeuppance

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5

It's a sad/hopeless state when all the discontent from months ago has (largely) disappeared from this forum.

Either members gave up, or King sent loads of bots to the forum to make a show of approval for all the crap changes to the game.

• B-2
    B-2 Posts: 56 Level 3

Let me add more:

9. When you waste moves making match after match under a special candies dispenser and you do not get the special candy. What?? If it is labeled to dispense a special candy, then dang it! Give it to us!

10. Even when you win a booster, and the game automatically checks it for use...another sneaky move by King, hoping players may not take the extra step to uncheck it, and accidentally waste it when they don't need or want to?

11. Also, I cannot prove it, but it sure does seem like colorbombs are exploding when they shouldn't be. No stripe or wrapped candy causing it to go off. Are they now exploding when you match 3 next to it? Obviously things happen so fast, so it's hard to tell what's actually happening, but something is definitely different. If someone out there can slow motion video capture what's going on, please do and post it!!

• Albert_Heinrich
    Albert_Heinrich Posts: 2,615 Level 4

@B-2, I have mentioned your point 9 numerous times. Another point on that is that the stripe orientation most of the time is in the opposite and away from the target.

Something else I noted is when you try and make a Wrapped Candy and it contains a Striped Candy, it does not work.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?