⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Low Ranking Question?

TydoTitus
TydoTitus Posts: 6 Level 2

Does anyone know why/how my level rank is so much lower in comparison to players over 3000 levels behind me? 

Me: Level - 7007 / Rank - *115*

Suzy: Level - 3875 / Rank - 163

Ricardo: Level - 5482 / Rank - 155

-Titus

LEVEL 🔥 7007 🔥

Best Answers

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    edited October 2020 Answer ✓

@TydoTitus Hi and welcome, Yes this is because they take many attempts on the lower levels. your rank can be done on any level even previous levels and the same level can be done many times. Also matters what stars you get as well. All levels and tries counts towards your ranking

Hope this helps

• aijaziqbal
    aijaziqbal Posts: 8,884 Sweet Legend
    Answer ✓

Hi and welcome to the community.

Rank has no link with your progress. It is quite possible if someone is playing more on previous levels and getting more XP by taking stars. Even the failed levels also give power (XP) to your rank. So if somebody playing more and more his /her rank will be greater even on lower levels.

Thanks.

• Diamond_Lim
    Diamond_Lim Posts: 148,723 Diamond Diaries Moderator
    Answer ✓

Welcome to Sweet King Community! 👑

Because the players have completed higher levels BEFORE the rank is released. After the rank is released, the players will be started on rank 1 then complete levels and more to collect more rank. I hope this answer! 😊

If you want to win gold bars on this game, you can click here to join and answer on this game's contests that you can chance to win gold bars. 😊

🍭 Have a nice and safety day! Sugar Crush! 🍭

• Freddy_

@TydoTitus Hi i did exactly the same as you got 3 stars up to level 1000 before giving up and does increase your ranking. think mine is currently 153 and im on last levels.

But say you went to level 606 and completed this in a few minutes and did this 100 times with 3 stars easily your ranking would go up. Hence some players ranking higher than yours. Some people may not do this but play lower levels multiple times so all accumulates to there ranking. I always scroll back to lower levels each day for chocolate box rewards so always get ranking points for doing this as well

Personally do not think rank reflects much on your progression in the game more to do with how many levels you have attempted numerous times. hence your friend on game Suzy has higher ranking than me on 8050

Hope this explains better

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,789 Candy Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @TydoTitus and a very warm welcome to our wonderful King Community. I know it may seem odd - with you so far along in the game and yet someone who is much lower in the game than you is ranked #1. Part of the reason is because when they started the ranking and awarding frames to the different players you were much farther in the game than some of these other players. You get the most amount of points to move your rank up when yu play new levels than when you replay old ones. So someone several hundred or thousand levels behind you could easily get a lot more points if they were actively playing the game, than you because you didn't have as many new levels (or weren't playing as often/for as long as they were.

Quite frankly I ignore the 'ranking' because I don't really think it is as significant as having some of the level badges and some of the other recognition you can get.

Since you have already passed level 7000 (we don't have a badge for that level yet), you can get badges for 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000. Just click HERE to find out more about it.

In addition - Lots of exciting things are happening in the Candy Crush Saga Community for Halloween and you can read more about it HERE.

Answers

• Freddy_

@TydoTitus Hi and welcome, Yes this is because they take many attempts on the lower levels. your rank can be done on any level even previous levels and the same level can be done many times. Also matters what stars you get as well. All levels and tries counts towards your ranking

Hope this helps

• aijaziqbal
    aijaziqbal Posts: 8,884 Sweet Legend
    Answer ✓

Hi and welcome to the community.

Rank has no link with your progress. It is quite possible if someone is playing more on previous levels and getting more XP by taking stars. Even the failed levels also give power (XP) to your rank. So if somebody playing more and more his /her rank will be greater even on lower levels.

Thanks.

• Diamond_Lim
    Diamond_Lim Posts: 148,723 Diamond Diaries Moderator
    Answer ✓

Welcome to Sweet King Community! 👑

Because the players have completed higher levels BEFORE the rank is released. After the rank is released, the players will be started on rank 1 then complete levels and more to collect more rank. I hope this answer! 😊

If you want to win gold bars on this game, you can click here to join and answer on this game's contests that you can chance to win gold bars. 😊

🍭 Have a nice and safety day! Sugar Crush! 🍭

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 139,547 Candy Moderator

Hi and welcome to our Community

How often you play Candy Crush will determine your ranking

How do I rank-up?

Ranking-up is easy, just play levels! Every time you play a level, experience points or 'XP' is awarded. The better you do in the level, the more experience points are added. Once you fill up your experience-meter shown beneath your avatar, you will move up a level/rank.

What do I get for ranking-up?

Every time you reach a new rank, we reward you with a top-up of your lives. Your life-meter has a full capacity of 5 lives, so if it's already full, it will only add as many as it needs to fill up. Every 5 levels you will win a delicious frame for your avatar. You will get a new frame at level 5, 10, 15, and so on, so keep playing, keep ranking-up and show all the other players just how good you are at Candy Crush Saga. 

• TydoTitus
    TydoTitus Posts: 6 Level 2
    edited October 2020

Freddy - Thanks for the response. This supports my assumption that I was “earning”, or lack there of, less points towards increasing my rank when I defeat levels on the first attempts. However, I went back to level 1 and defeated 1 - 1000 with 3 Star completions. I would do this during development down time as I reached the maximum game level at the time. I doubt that’s the case for many other players and would assume this would warrant a higher rank according to your logic? Thoughts?

*Photo showing the 977 - 995 with 3 star completions*

-Titus

• Freddy_

@TydoTitus Hi i did exactly the same as you got 3 stars up to level 1000 before giving up and does increase your ranking. think mine is currently 153 and im on last levels.

But say you went to level 606 and completed this in a few minutes and did this 100 times with 3 stars easily your ranking would go up. Hence some players ranking higher than yours. Some people may not do this but play lower levels multiple times so all accumulates to there ranking. I always scroll back to lower levels each day for chocolate box rewards so always get ranking points for doing this as well

Personally do not think rank reflects much on your progression in the game more to do with how many levels you have attempted numerous times. hence your friend on game Suzy has higher ranking than me on 8050

Hope this explains better

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,789 Candy Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @TydoTitus and a very warm welcome to our wonderful King Community. I know it may seem odd - with you so far along in the game and yet someone who is much lower in the game than you is ranked #1. Part of the reason is because when they started the ranking and awarding frames to the different players you were much farther in the game than some of these other players. You get the most amount of points to move your rank up when yu play new levels than when you replay old ones. So someone several hundred or thousand levels behind you could easily get a lot more points if they were actively playing the game, than you because you didn't have as many new levels (or weren't playing as often/for as long as they were.

Quite frankly I ignore the 'ranking' because I don't really think it is as significant as having some of the level badges and some of the other recognition you can get.

Since you have already passed level 7000 (we don't have a badge for that level yet), you can get badges for 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000. Just click HERE to find out more about it.

In addition - Lots of exciting things are happening in the Candy Crush Saga Community for Halloween and you can read more about it HERE.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?