📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

App closing when watching an ad

Options

Answers

• Daz_Seaton
    Daz_Seaton Posts: 9 Level 2
    edited November 2020
    Options

Same problem. Android 10 loads of memory. Loads of storage. Cleared data and cache. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Get same error on candy crush and farm heros saga. game crashes out when trying to run certain ads. Worked for a bit, now wont run at all. Very frustrating.

• MarilynL
    MarilynL Posts: 19 Level 2
    Options

Same problem here as well, Sweet Cinema is causing CCS to close when clicking on watch.

• Saturn71
    Saturn71 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

When going on the sweet cinema or win extra lives wheel the minute I click on it candy crush closes down and puts me back to my phone screen.

• CandyCrushIsCool
    CandyCrushIsCool Posts: 661 Level 4
    Options

Same with me. For one day it works, then the next day it doesn't.

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    Options

@Saturn71 Hi and welcome. please do the standard troubleshooting tips, check your device and game are up to date and you have at least 2gb of free storage space. log out and restart your device then log back in and see if this resolves your issue.

Tis issue is known and is being investigated by the game studio,but a few people are saying it resolves itself , some after doing above tips. so it may just be a temporary problem.

Thank you

• Saturn71
    Saturn71 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Done and checked you suggested but it's still doing the same thing.

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,980 Candy Moderator
    edited November 2020
    Options

Hello @Saturn71 and a very warm welcome to our wonderful King Community. Is the 'sweet cinema" a chance to watch an ad by any chance (I don't have that in any of my King games). If it is, players have been reporting similar issues in several of the games including this one. It has been reported to several of the Community Managers, but the issue was first reported on Friday afternoon, so they probably won't see the message until tomorrow morning. Hopefully we will have more information about this issue late Monday or Tuesday.

I notice you are new to the community so here is a guide to help you explore the various areas here.

Also, make sure you check out the fun Halloween contest that is happening across the community and you can find out more about it HERE. You have until this Friday and you can get a lot of fun badges.

@CandyCrushIsCool - I see you have one of the badges, but there are quite a few more that you can win including a final badge when you successfully finish the whole contest. 😊

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,980 Candy Moderator
    Options

Hello everyone - there definitely appears to be a problem in several of the games including this one, where after you watch an ad or try to watch an ad it crashes your game. It has been reported to several of the Community Managers on Friday so hopefully we will have more information Monday or Tuesday. Please be patient. I know it is frustrating and you really like the bonus you get from watching the ads, but until they can determine what is causing the issue and then come up with a fix, please just play the games without watching the ads.

For the new bees in the community in this thread you might find this a guide useful as you explore the various areas here.

Also, if you haven't already participated - there is a fun Halloween contest that is happening across the community and you can find out more about it HERE. It runs until Friday and you have the opportunity to earn quite a few fun badges plus the opportunity to maybe win some Gold Bars.

• jacquidaniel
    jacquidaniel Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

Same for me so annoying plenty of Gbs on phone so not that have two phones same on both

• MarilynL
    MarilynL Posts: 19 Level 2
    edited November 2020
    Options

Actually it's not just the ads that is making it crash. I clicked on the win moves wheel just now and that made it crash too. I've also noticed that when I am playing a game and you need, let's say 10 of those round things with the dots on, (don't know what they are called) that I have burst them in the game and it's not taking it off the 10 that I need so I may burst 4, but it still says I need 7 or 8 when really I only need 6. I hope I have explained that correctly. Maybe someone has put a Halloween spell on our games. 🇬🇧

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?