❄️☃️ Winter Festival ☕️ Give your feedback on the event!

Comments

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 139,625 Candy Moderator
    Sweet! It was OK

Sweet! It was OK

• Mitdrawcliffe
    Mitdrawcliffe Posts: 10 Level 2
    Sweet! It was OK

I liked the Winter Festival and got to level 37. I only really played it while I was waiting for new episodes to arrive. I felt the levels were too difficult for the amount of time the festival occurs. I would like to see a longer period to play or easier levels. I love the incentives of decorating the houses. In both festivals, I never was able to see the final product which was disappointing. Perhaps introduce bigger cups sooner? I prefer the festivals to the paths. Those are horrible and annoying.

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,796 Candy Moderator
    Divine! I loved it

I definitely loved the event @crazy

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,796 Candy Moderator
    Divine! I loved it

I absolutely love this event @Crazy Cat Lad and @Pounawea ! The rewards were awesome too. I would love to see the event return. I did experience a small glitch partway through where I completed a few levels but it didn’t award me any hot chocolate- I think it was during the middle tier. Luckily it was working again the next day. I did take a few screenshots if you would like to see them. 😊🐨💕

• Tasty_Cake
    Tasty_Cake Posts: 2,592 Level 4
    Divine! I loved it

Loved it @Crazy Cat Lad ❤️❤️❤️😊😊

• DieOmimi
    DieOmimi Posts: 36,991 Friends Moderator
    Sweet! It was OK

thanks for tagging me @Diamond Lim

@Crazy Cat Lad I don't know if it's the same thing I had. I got a popup every day, which I have for tasks. Sometimes I had to collect golden crowns, sometimes heavy levels, sometimes 10 normal levels, all until Friday. The next day I got the rewards.

• christine88
    christine88 Posts: 844 Level 5
    Divine! I loved it

Voted

• brightstar1
    brightstar1 Posts: 78 Level 2
    edited January 2021
    Salty! Not so sweet

@Pounawea @Crazy Cat Lad thank you for posting about feedback as there is quite a bit I would like to share on this event.

I was not able to complete the event and that was for a few reasons. Firstly, there were quite a few hard levels, more so than the Saltnado event it seemed. Now, I can see how an expert player or someone who passes levels within a few tries would not struggle, but we don't all fall into that bracket. Also, based off of comments I saw there were around 80 levels, and if I'm remembering right the Saltnado event had around 60. I imagine the increase in levels was so that players at the top of the map would have something to occupy their time if they finished the newly released levels. However, I feel there needed to be more time added to the event than what we had to make it fair for everyone.

Secondly, there were several occasions that I wasn't awarded the hot chocolates that I had won, and on another when I should have been awarded 4, I only got 3. Overall, I was short by around 18 hot chocolates. This then impacts how quickly you can upgrade the houses.

Thirdly, I was not able to use my lives from the main map envelope when I used up my 5 lives. So, either I used gold bars to get more lives, which I would never do, or I waited half an hour for the next life. And realistically, I would only put up with the waiting for so long before giving up for the evening and logging out. With the limitations of the lives it sometimes took days before I was able to pass a hard level, particularly if you don't want to use boosters. And based off the thread I started about this point, I know other players didn't have this issue and were able to refill their lives straight away.

Also, I think it is a shame that this event was dropped over the holidays when support for the various issues people were having wouldn't be fixed till after the holidays and after the event timing out. While I appreciate the help off the forum, there is only so much clearing cache, logging out, restarting etc. that will make a difference in your game.

Overall, I was disappointed with the event because believe it or not I was excited when it first popped up in my game as I really enjoyed Saltnado and the prizes you could earn. If the developers can fix the various issues with this event then I would be happy to have it again in my game.

• teresawallace44
    teresawallace44 Posts: 4,436 Level 5
    edited January 2021
    Sweet! It was OK

Hi @Crazy Cat Lad @Pounawea

Happy New Year!

I thought the event was ok. I didn’t get to play it much as I was doing holiday things and doing competitions here in the community as @Nix66 said previously. I hope it comes around again and hopefully have more time to play.

Thanks for the tag @Diamond Lim 💕

Teresa 🦋🌺🦋

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Candy Moderator
    Divine! I loved it

I didn't get a taste of this event because I didn't have this event in my game 😂

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?