⭐️ Where’s the Gold? ⭐️

Options

Comments

• Kazza-3
    Kazza-3 Posts: 216 Level 3
    Options

I only recently got the fast race in my game, so it was nice to finally have a chance to win gold bars within the game. And now they took that away & are awarding boosters instead.

Not at all happy about this, would prefer to win gold.

Sadly it comes across as nothing more than another money-grabbing attempt by King.

• 3family
    3family Posts: 47 Level 2
    Options

It’s only in the last couple of months that the race was added for me. Always read of discussions here and felt left out! I hadn’t been able to get gold since the sugar drops were removed over a year ago

last week made the mistake of using 69 bars for 6 hour of lives when I had nothing to play for!

anyway for me this week I’ve had prizes of 20 gold, then 25 gold and the current one is 25. I normally try and space out the levels to get the daily win prize (6 days = UFO) but if gold is going I might finish 2 levels to make sure I get these 25.

although the part booster is a great prize

• mandrak
    mandrak Posts: 200 Level 3
    Options

LONG LIVE THE KING!!!😡

• Spieler_8675309
    Spieler_8675309 Posts: 4,308 Level 5
    Options

quote:

Long live the King!

Money changes everything...

$$€€¥¥££₩₩₹₹₽₽₺₺元元

• faye13
    faye13 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

Experienced this too, Fast Race awarded me a Coconut Wheel. I was hoping to at least get all boosters if I finished first but no, you just get the one assigned to you. At first I thought 1st place gets all 5, then 2nd.place just gets 4 (less the one assigned to 1st placer), and so on.

Noticed the change after my 20+ Episode Race win streak was broken. Hoping this is a temporary change or at least give out better boosters, like UFOs.

Might be a glitch, but definitely suspicious, the booster assigned to me changed in the middle of the episode. Initially it was a Striped Candy, I was in 1st place. Then, when I dropped to 2nd place it changed to 2 Color Bombs. Now that I'm in 1st place again it's back to the Striped Candy. King is toying with me.

Definitely not worth competing for finishing the entire episode for 1 or 2 basic boosters, unlike the previous gold bars reward. Gold bars are the only way to get extra moves to finish a level and they were only available for free through the Episode Race.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,660 Legend
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hi @faye13, this isn't a glitch, the booster prizes are assigned to the position that you finish the race in and not to you personally. That is why when you dropped to second place in your Episode Race your reward changed to the second place prize of two colour bombs.

• faye13
    Options

Thanks @Nix66. I think the type of booster rewarded improves with the race win streak. After finishing first in a couple of races, the reward for my next race is supposedly a UFO.

• faye13
    Options

Hi @Alienscar.

It's confusing since even before starting a race, there's a screen that shows what you'll win if you finish first. In my case, it showed a striped candy, which was why I got confused when it changed to 2 color bombs when I dropped to 2nd. I eventually did get the striped for finishing first.

If they're awarding the boosters for your position at the end of the race, I'd assume first place should get the best booster of the bunch, so it seems counterintuitive to be given a striped (the easiest to get while playing) for winning.

• kisara
    kisara Posts: 92 Level 2
    Options

I want gold bars for winning the race.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?