📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Connection to Facebook

Options
2»

Answers

• Bruce_Bubello
    Bruce_Bubello Posts: 56 Level 3
    Options

Apparently something changed in the game software. What I did to fix the problem was to access the Candy Crush Saga game on Facebook, then I was able to resync the App on the Windows 10 Laptop with the Facebook progress. Not sure who changed what, but it had to have something to do with the version on Facebook. For now all is well.

• Laura_Grosvenor
    Laura_Grosvenor Posts: 1,581 Level 4
    Options

Oh that is wonderful Bruce!! I am so glad to hear this and I will pass this on to our Moderator and the other SuperStars so they can suggest this to other players who may be having the same issues. :) This is great! I hope you have a Candy-licious day and thank you so much for everything.

• KMac_2
    KMac_2 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

I have a new Surface Book 2 and cannot sync to my existing account. I don;t want to play through Facebook but get "Connecting to Facebook Cancelled" every time I try. I have 1) had the game open in Facebook when I launch the Windows 10 version, 2) uninstalled repeatedly to reset the Facebook login screen, 3) turned off 2-step authentication since it's not helping, checked the app settings to ensure it's active, 4) googled for suggestions. Nothing has worked so far. I am level 1830 in Saga and 1870 in Soda and not willing to start over. What is causing this issue? When I switch back to my old Surface Book, it works fine.

• KMac_2
    KMac_2 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

I finally figured it out. I read to fix the problem I needed to open Facebook and launch a Candy Crush game from inside Facebook. Then I was supposed to open the Windows 10 Candy Crush app and log in using my Facebook acct and my account would sync. Been getting the "Connecting to Facebook Cancelled" for a week.

For those who have tried this, you can't use Facebook through a browser! You need to install the Windows 10 Facebook app and open a Candy Crush game from there. Then open the Windows store Candy Crush app and try again to use your Facebook login. You should be able to connect and sync. Whew! I was not giving up until I figured it out.

• Kim_Steel
    Kim_Steel Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

Also have issue with facebook not being able to connect when I clock on "send" to other players for "lives"

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    Options

@Kim_Steel Hi and welcome, Please check your device and game are up to date clear the cache from your app store or browser , log out and and restart your device . then log back in and see if this resolves your issue

Also check your Facebook app settings and make sure everything is active

If this does not work please see post below regards an issue with sending and receiving lives

Thank you

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?