New levels

Options
Gary_Turner
Gary_Turner Posts: 281 Level 3

These new levels are absurd. You’ve got people who are SUPPOSED to be testing levels before release. What the hell are they doing. There’s FAR TOO MANY blockers, NOT ENOUGH moves and the number of boosters required to most levels is ridiculous. Also most levels require about 20 attempts to pass which means it takes about 7/8hrs to pass a level.

What happened to games being fun. You’ve completely ruined what used to be a good game.

My view is that its just GREED on KINGs part and the game has become PAY AS YOU PLAY. That’s why you’ve made the game boring and very difficult to play. No wonder players have given up with it.

We all like a challenge, but its got to be enjoyable.

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,777 Legend
    Options

Don’t worry @Gary_Turner the Communty Managers and King have been listening to all the complaints about Candy Connections, and how ridiculously hard and tedious the new levels are. In response they have decided the solution is an Adventure Path.

• Gary_Turner
    Options

This isn’t anything new on candy crush saga. It seems to be happening most weeks when new levels are released. The amount of boosters required is ridiculous. I’ve spent some money in the past buying boosters, but no more.

Candy crush saga used to be enjoyable to play but it seems the players are just being used as cash cows nowadays

• Tzvi_Marcu
    Tzvi_Marcu Posts: 2,554 Level 5
    Options

@Gary_Turner Do you play in Win 10 and talk about the new levels or in a differnt apps 2 weeks later. If you don't play on Win 10 you get the levels after two weeks and number of moves of most the levels is redust.

• LindQ
    LindQ Posts: 562 Kingster
    Options

You're very welcome to leave feedback on levels in the threads for them, it will come back to the team. However, I do want to let you know that rhere are no levels that take 20 attempts for the average player. These are things that we monitor to ensure that levels are not too difficult. No levels are pay to play, and all are possible to complete without the use of boosters, and if a level seems to be too hard it is always tweaked down. We release patches on levels daily to ensure we have both easy and challenging levels for everyone to enjoy 😊

• Alienscar
    Options

However, I do want to let you know that rhere are no levels that take 20 attempts for the average player. These are things that we monitor to ensure that levels are not too difficult

If I am reading that correctly @LindQ what you are saying is that all of the player's that complain about being stuck on a level for days are just playing a few hours a day.

• LindQ
    Options

What I am saying is that we are tracking data over how many times levels are played before they are completed, so even if one player is stuck on a level for a long time we can see that the level does not have this issue for majority of players. We track average player data, usually not individual player data. It's not tracked in time or days, but rather in number of tries it takes to complete levels, on average. These things are always tracked in games to make sure players don't get stuck for too long. No levels released lately take even close to 20 tries on average, we feel like that would be way too many for the game to be enjoyable.

We all struggle with different levels! I sometimes am stuck for days on easy levels, even though it might take the average player 1-2 tires it takes me 40 😅

• sweet_stanley
    sweet_stanley Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options

I do not agree with you @LindQ,

I understand that you represents king interests. In many of my post here, I am complaining with same issues as @Gary_Turner . After Activison acquired king.com the game was totally ruinded. Moves had been drastically reduced - you know that, and we users know that either. Real reason isn't for "making the game more fun"

You wrote "However, I do want to let you know that rhere are no levels that take 20 attempts for the average player."

According that you are collecting user data you know this is a lie. It is well known you are forced to make game to earn more money for king shareholders.

I understand that, but, the fact is you ruined the game completely. And as I see, I am not the only one with that opinion.

Have been playing CCS since 6-7 years but I definetely gave it up this month.

Because you reduced moves so dractically I have to cheat game using hex editors or other tools to increase in game moves, or to increase my numbers of boosters. But with cheating the game is not fun anymore. (3 years ago I used to buy boosters, spent ~ 200 Euros). Without boosters the game won't let me pass sometimes for more than 55 times and with cheats. This is not a game anymore - this is a torture.

I am 90's gamer. I remember games from Nintendo era, I was playing PS and Xbox games for fun. That game was real game. Once I purchased the game it gave me dozen hours of fun. And that game fas fairly playable according my own skills.

But nowdays - games are like slot machine games. They are not playable according to your gaming skills, the only the only criteria of playability is the ability to pay.

I am so sorry for being honest, but you are so greed nowdays that you totally ruined game that used to be fun. This is not only my opinion as I see. Many of players are giving it up...

I have so many arguments - If you need to see how many time it takes me to pass one level I can shoot a video for you. You will see that it will take much more than 20+ time to pass one single level.

• Gary_Turner
    Options

I play CC on my iPhone, iPad and laptop. Currently I’m on level 9115. All the videos show 40 moves, I’m getting 21. I have yet to see a video of this level being done in 21 moves with no boosters. Played 15 times and got nowhere near passing. Can’t even get passed the middle of the board so there must be something wrong, and why would anyone want to be stuck on a level for days? I thought the game was supposed to be enjoyable to play but you’ve removed every bit of fun from it. There are a lot of levels that take plenty attempts and plenty boosters to pass but are not categorised as hard.

• Alienscar
    Options

We track average player data, usually not individual player data. It's not tracked in time or days, but rather in number of tries it takes to complete levels, on average. These things are always tracked in games to make sure players don't get stuck for too long.

No levels released lately take even close to 20 tries

@LindQ I didn't for a moment think you would be tracking individual player's as the player base for CCS is far too large for that.

The thing is if your tracking doesn't include how many boosters a player has used to beat a level than your average does not accurately portray the average player. That is, I have seen screenshots of people with in game and pre-game boosters that number in the hundreds. For me this is not average and if these players are included in your tracking it will obscure the true average for a level.

Reading some of the feedback for the newest levels it is quite obvious that the use of boosters is a common thing. This for me isn't representative of the average player, as most player's do not have a lot of boosters to spare.

• LindQ
    Options

This is true! We do have all these things in mind when we tweak levels and view data etc, and we always test levels without boosters too. The more players that get through the levels the more data we have as well. Far from everyone has hundreds of boosters laying around, but some players use a lot of boosters to clear a level first try to keep their win streak etc.

@Gary_Turner When it comes to this level specifically we have only made tweaks to make this level harder. When it was first released with 40 moves it was way too easy to be a hard and challenging level. We therefore reduced moves on it. We always reduce moves to 35 or less after the first week, and if a level is deemed too hard or just hard enough with more than 35 moves then we make the level easier in other ways (change spawnrates of special candies or reduce layers of blockers etc). 9115 is tricky, it's hard to open up, but once you open up the first bit it is very explosive and the rest opens up faster 😊

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?