💡 Please only post ideas on how we can improve the game Candy Crush Saga!
🔎 Before posting, check our ideas guide HERE
🚨 Looking for help? Head over to our Support and FAQ:s

Game Pause or Save option During Play.

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,599 Legend

Quote @bearwithme I would imagine that if you could ‘freeze/pause your game it wouldn’t stop other players so for example winning the episode race - the other players would still be racing so when you unpaused your game, someone could potentially have won the race, but at least you wouldn’t have lost your progress on the level you were playing.

Hi @bearwithme I doubt anyone would expect a game pause to affect anyone other than themselves as that would be a bit weird, and I suspect totally unworkable,

As for the Episode Race it isn't actually a race. That is, you aren't actually competing in real time, so someone could already have won whether you pause the game or not. You are playing against the record of other people's performance over certain levels rather than playing actively playing against other people. So overall pausing your game should have very little effect on your final position in the Race.

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,946 Candy Moderator

Good point! I just play as fast as I can once I start because I want those 20 gold bars. 😁

Since I am usually at the top of the game for mobile I keep forgetting that PC players are 90 levels ahead so there are plenty of people who have already played my level. 😁😆

• yonahselcy
    yonahselcy Posts: 1,301 Level 3

Voted!

Thanks for the tag @Diamond Lim 😊

• pcw368
    pcw368 Posts: 17 Level 2
    edited March 2021

I have an Amazon Fire tablet with a sleep/wake feature case I bought separately from Amazon. When I close the case, my game pauses and goes into sleep mode. Even with timed bombs but, be aware that the moment you wake (or open) the case, the bombs are still dropping down. This case works every time except when you win free play time or free fish time, etc. Then your free time play runs out. Hope this answer helps others who may suddenly have to quit in the middle of a game.

• Jane_S
    Jane_S Posts: 123 Level 3

Hi @aijaziqbal

i think a pause option is a fantastic idea, I think it would help with iPad glitches and certainly improve game play for me 👍🏼👍🏼

have voted

• CassD
    CassD Posts: 18,516 Level 5

I think this is an excellent idea, as I've had occasions when I've lost my progress - usually when I've been struggling on a hard level and have already used boosters or gold bars. I often can't control how long I'm going to be away from my tablet and I find that the battery has discharged. An automatic save feature during a game would be fantastic.

• Victoriadelgadillo
    Victoriadelgadillo Posts: 5 Level 2

I haven't figured out the need to save yet.

• PiperDelainey
    PiperDelainey Posts: 6 Level 2

I like the save option idea.

• Rajesh_N
    Rajesh_N Posts: 24 Level 2

I support this Idea of pausing game.

• aijaziqbal
    aijaziqbal Posts: 8,884 Sweet Legend

thanks for supporting and appreciating the idea @PiperDelainey , @Rajesh_N

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?