Discontinue or Modify Sugar Coat and Crystal Candy Blockers

2»

Comments

• LindQ
    LindQ Posts: 562 Kingster

Well the issue seems to be a visual issue, not an issue with any particular levels or design of the blocker itself. Requesting a change in graphics to make the game more readable is not a level change.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,491 Legend

@LindQ, ebammann asked me a question and I explained why I thought his idea represents a level change. A change in graphics wouldn't be a level change, but both the idea description and the idea itself asks for the Crystal/Sugar Coat Candy to be discontinued/phased out. I think you would agree that would constitute a level change.

I would recommend to discontinue those blockers

my idea was to either phase out at any newly created levels (sounds like that may not be popular)

As the idea contains both the request to remove the blocker, or change the colour of the blocker there is no way of knowing if the votes cast were to remove the blocker (a level change), or to change its colour.

Question for you @LindQ

I will take the feedback back to the team, maybe we can do something about them visually eventually 

Are you seriously thinking of implementing this idea when the map scrolling idea has gathered over five hundred votes and has been running for years?

• LindQ
    LindQ Posts: 562 Kingster

@Alienscar We seriously consider a lot of things that can improve the experience, but we don't have all the manpower in the world and some issues take longer to solve than others. I am also not saying we will definitely make a change, but taking the feedback back to those it might concern is something you feel I shouldn't do? Changing graphics like this could be done by one-two artists, whereas implementing a way to navigate the map better would be an effort for devs, designers, artists, QA etc. It's a much bigger project. They are very different things. 😊

• HughLaurie1959
    HughLaurie1959 Posts: 107 Level 2

Truly oppose.

They aren't impossible to view. They are encasing blockers.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,491 Legend

Quote @LindQ but taking the feedback back to those it might concern is something you feel I shouldn't do?

This idea has seven up votes. There are archived ideas with more votes than this that got archived because they didn't have enough votes. If you take this idea just because it is simple to implement then I feel it is just a slap in the face for all those people whose ideas got cancelled. I thought ideas were presented to King dependent on how many votes they got, and not how easy they are to introduce.

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,670 Sweet Legend

@Crazy Cat Lad

Can it be moved to the discussion area, please? That would be nice. thanks🤗

• Magic_Mixer
    Magic_Mixer Posts: 255 Level 4

@Fences the problem is when crystal candies have 3 layers. Sugar coats usually aren't that bad, but in your screenshot I cannot see what is in the locked ones

• Fences
    Fences Posts: 1,122 Level 4

@Magic_Mixer the locked ones contain your name.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?