Where is the old candy crush

Options
2»

Comments

• ktr183
    ktr183 Posts: 12 Level 2
    Options

It appears that all the different versions of this game are just there to try to get players to spend money, when I first started playing this game along time ago there was lots of goodies and freebies like sugar drops and easy to win gold bars but that was just a sweetener to get people hooked. Since starting this thread I have found the replies very interesting, so many different versions s, all aimed at making as much money as possible. The solution for me is stop buying anything on here, the developers have made a fortune from ads, the last thing you should be doing is adding to their profits. Aps stores have loads of similar games, all free to play.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,777 Legend
    Options

Quote @Kazza-3 you knew what a sugar drop was you would miss them. 🙂 You collected them on every level & could win several boosters in only a few hours.

Is that a bit like Dexter then, where all you have to do is collect a certain number of Candy to win a booster? I gather from other posts that too many boosters is 'bad' for the game, so I wonder if the sugar drop was just too good. You never know though Kazza, a new booster machine might be on the way and maybe it will solve everyone's problems.

I have become more frustrated like @ktr183. Right now I get one booster a day with the booster wheel.

Wow, that must be an awful experience, I honestly don't think I could enjoy this game with only one booster a day. Can I ask if you have ever payed for anything in the game. I have read elsewhere that as soon as you buy something all of your free stuff disappears.

Fantastic Five & the daily win sticker give only a few boosters after several days of playing, & some of them are timed which isn’t always useful.

You like the Chocolate Box, but aren't a fan of F5 because it can take several days. I find that to be a bit of a conundrum as the Chocolate Box is a two day event for me.

Also the F5 provides a stepped release of boosters. I find that the lollipop for 1700 points can be gained in a few hours of play. With the right team you can be getting all of the rewards quicker than you can from the Chocolate Box.

I agree about the timed boosters, but I have learnt to keep an eye on them, and stop playing before the team gains the timed booster. I start playing when I know I will be able to get some use of an hour long booster,

No idea about Sweet Cinema, Air delivery, bonus spins or watching ads for anything.

Neither did I until they just appeared in my Events. I clear my cache every couple of days or so maybe that has something to do with it.

I don’t stand a chance in any of the events that appear in the game, such as collecting crowns, passing levels etc. I’m always miles behind on the leaderboard. I don’t have the resources to spend my way to the top, & the rewards are generally not worth it.

I am approaching level 900, and the game is getting more and more difficult. There have been several levels that have held me up for a day or so (note that a 'day' of playing can be anything from less than one to maybe four hours), so I am in the same boat as you. There was an Event last week that required me to play one hundred levels in a week to win some rewards. There is no way I was going to achieve that.

This weeks Event requires that I play eight levels in a day. I think I have failed at that. When you can only play for an hour, and then get stuck on a Nightmarishly Hard level all 'day' eight levels is too many.

I really miss the chocolate box as it was the only other guaranteed way for boosters every day.

As mentioned above for me the Chocolate Box is a two day Event.

I just wish they could create an even playing field so everyone has access to the same thing instead of constantly trotting out the “test group” explanation.

I have said this myself Kazza, I really don't understand why every player of the game can't have the same features.

I just plug along, & if it takes me 4 days to pass a level I’ve just had to accept it. I don’t worry too much about the gold bars because I usually lose them by accidentally hitting the 6 hours free for 69 bars button. 🤦‍♀️

Whoa! One booster a day, but you have 69 gold bars to accidentally spend. I have never had that many gold bars.

Quote @ktr183 Ads are not available at all on my game, I'm playing on my smart phone maybe that's the problem. Why there are many different versions of this game is a mystery

Ads are not available on my game any more

I must admit ktr183 that I am not sure whether or not adverts are linked to the device the game is played on. I play on an Android tablet.

Same question to you that I asked Kazza. Have you ever paid for anything in the game?

I agree it really is baffling why every player of the game isn’t playing the same game. I read somewhere that there are over two hundred million players of CCS, maybe that has something to do with it.

• YoshLee44
    YoshLee44 Posts: 102 Level 2
    Options

Sugar drops were candies marked with a "C". When you'd collect specific amounts (easy) you would get boosters and/or a few gold bars (1-3 i think). You'd get more boosters with this than the chocolate box.

• Kazza-3
    Kazza-3 Posts: 216 Level 3
    Options

@Alienscar the sugar drops were way better than Dexter. You had to collect 180, not hard to do, & by the end you’d won 7 or 8 boosters. It would pause for 12 hours then start again. And it probably was too good, if you win more you buy less. When King removed them they promised to introduce instead much more exciting features. Well, those have been a poor replacement. It was a hugely unpopular decision.

The Chocolate Box is a 2-day event, but in the morning I pass the last quest, play 3 from the new box then do the same thing the next day, so I get the 3 boosters every day.

The Events are ridiculous. 30 gold crowns in 3 days or something like that? I’m lucky to get a couple of gold crowns a week. And probably get through 15 levels or so a week. I don’t have unlimited time to play, I do have real life responsibilities, so I’m fine with that. You can pay your way to the 30 crowns or whatever the Event is, but how is it worth using a ton of boosters & spending $$ on gold bars just to win a few boosters as reward.

And the gold bars, yeah I try to save them for when I really really get stuck, but always lose them by mistake. I should just give up on that strategy. 🙂

I have spent a bit of money in the past, a few dollars here & there, but that was many years ago when I started playing. I haven’t spent anything for a very long time.

Enjoy the lower levels while you can, it only gets tougher!

• Alienscar
    Options

Quote @Kazza-3 The Events are ridiculous. 30 gold crowns in 3 days or something like that? I’m lucky to get a couple of gold crowns a week. And probably get through 15 levels or so a week. I don’t have unlimited time to play, I do have real life responsibilities, so I’m fine with that. You can pay your way to the 30 crowns or whatever the Event is, but how is it worth using a ton of boosters & spending $$ on gold bars just to win a few boosters as reward.

You have hit the nail on the head as the saying goes. Most of the Events seem to cater to those people that can play for hours at a time. I was reading another post on here about the latest levels and people on there were saying they played for three hours or more everyday. Also the Events that require you to gain gold crowns just annoy me as they ignore all the complaints of how the game has been made more difficult by the removal of moves.

Saying that I am in the middle of Tiffi's Challenge. This is a three day event, and the requirements don't seem to be that bad. Day 1 complete 8 levels: Day 2 complete 2 Hard levels: Day three, obtain three gold crowns. As you say real life gets in the way, and I am fairly sure I didn't manage to complete eight levels in one day. This was a combination of not enough time and getting stuck on a level.

I have spent a bit of money in the past, a few dollars here & there, but that was many years ago when I started playing. I haven’t spent anything for a very long time.

If you use this site often I am sure you have seen the posts about how spending even 0.99p seems to result in all the ways you have of earning free boosters is removed. No one has yet said that they have regained their free stuff after waiting for years.

You had to collect 180, not hard to do, & by the end you’d won 7 or 8 boosters. It would pause for 12 hours then start again. And it probably was too good,

Whoa, that sounds incredible no wonder it was removed. That is a lot of boosters.

Enjoy the lower levels while you can, it only gets tougher!

Erm, thanks for the words of encouragement/warning.

• YoshLee44
    Options

After getting 180 sugar drops it would restart in 8 hours, not 12. But I personally don't think they were overpowered, as it would usually take an hour or so to get 180 if you wanted to collect them all in one session.

• Kazza-3
    Kazza-3 Posts: 216 Level 3
    Options

Ooops @YoshLee44 that’s right, it was 8 hours.

• Alienscar
    Options

I think that very much depends on who you are when determining what is overpowered or not.

From what you and @Kazza-3 are saying I gather you could obtain 14-16 boosters in one day if you were lucky, or just played after twelve hours had passed.

That is a lot of boosters and from a level designer's/King's point of view maybe that many made the game too 'easy'.

I am beginning to see why the Sugar Drop is missed by so many people. I have noticed that the players at the end of the map seem to play a lot. A couple of hours spread of fourteen hours would be nothing for them, and the boosters, in that quantity, would be invaluable.

• YoshLee44
    edited April 2021
    Options

You would only be able to get them from certain levels (once a day) and special candies were needed to spawn the sugar drops, which is why i don't think it was OP. Level 666 was good for farming them, you would get about 40-50 from it.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?