Gameroom being retired

nrgfizzle
nrgfizzle Posts: 8 Level 2

Anyone else upset that Facebook Gameroom will be gone on June 30? I just tried playing Candy Crush directly in FB and it took FOREVER to load and the level it showed me at was the same as if in Gamerom (4706) but a COMPLETELY different board! Gameroom no clutter -- FB gaming a mess. Whose bright idea was this? And won't King be losing revenue when people stop playing and spending money on it?

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,483 Legend
    edited April 2021

I do not even use Facebook, let alone Gameroom. My mother is not happy about the demise of Gameroom though as she plays all of her games through it.

My wife plays CCS through Facebook on her mobile and doesn't have any issues, what device do you play on?

Millions of players play CCS, so I very much doubt that King will miss Gameroom, also I imagine most people will continue to play once Gameroom has been closed.

Quote @nrgfizzle Whose bright idea was this?

Gameroom is a client developed by Facebook, but the real issue is Adobe and Flash. Flash has been abandoned by Adobe and is a hackers paradise. Gameroom supported Flash games, so it can't continue.

• Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,837 Level 5
    edited April 2021

@nrgfizzle @Alienscar I have never tried Facebook Gameroom! I have noticed it just never tried it because I only play CCS.

So it loads quicker than just using Facebook. Interesting!

I guess there is no point in me checking it out now! Oh well.

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager

Hi @nrgfizzle !

We don't support the Facebook Gameroom I'm afraid. Any concerns or questions about it, please reach out to Facebook directly.

• Kasie
    Kasie Posts: 32 Level 2

To me the question is not one of supporting FB Gameroom, but rather supporting its players. Specifically, is there a way to play games on the King site and still keep the progress that one has in FB Gameroom? I hate the thought of having to start from level 1 in the various King games that I currently play in FB Gameroom.

• nrgfizzle
    nrgfizzle Posts: 8 Level 2

Progress is synched from one to the other, so far at least.

• Kasie

That would be great! I suspect it depends on how the accounts are set up, though. I'll have to look into that.

Thanks!

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager

@Kasie If you played in Facebook Gameroom your progress is automatically saved on Facebook. Therefore you can continue the game on your Facebook page using a web browser.

You can also continue playing via the W10 app or on a mobile device just by connecting the game to your Facebook account.

• Kasie

@Crazy Cat Lad Thanks very much. That information is very helpful.

Since the retirement announcement I've been thinking of trying to continue the King games I play outside of Facebook. (I liked the gameroom precisely because it didn't require me to go into FB proper.) Which is why I've been wondering about how to synch my progress to the King site. I know there were instructions awhile back and I screwed it up. I'll have to try again, once I find them.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,483 Legend

Hello @Kasie There is an article in the Help Center that helps you sync between Facebook and King. It has this to say:

Can I sync my progress between Facebook and King.com?

By King GamesLast Updated: Mar 10, 2021

Quite simply yes you can! It's really straightforward to sync your progress between Facebook, mobile and King.com, which means if you would like to switch platforms, you can easily do so without having to start the game again.

To sync your progress with King.com, please complete the following steps:

• Go to the King website at King.com
    • Log in using your existing King profile, or create a new King profile if you don't already have one.
    • Click on the ‘Settings’ icon
    • Select ‘Account’
    • You will be prompted to confirm your password
    • Select the option ‘Score and progression sync’ and then proceed to enter your Facebook login information
    • Once complete, your progress will be updated across all King games on King.com

• Kasie

@Alienscar Thanks so much! It looks something's been simplified or improved since I last tried. I'll give it a go.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?