⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

How do I receive a refund of duplicate charges?

nartou
nartou Posts: 1 Newbie

This has been happening frequently, but when I purchase an item in the game I am frequently charged multiple times. This last charge, I purchased a $14.99 bundle but was charged $44.97 (3 times more). How to I receive a refund and how do I stop this from happening again? Thank you.

Answers

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,795 Candy Moderator
    edited March 2020

Hello @nartou and welcome to our friendly King Community! I am sorry to hear this is happening to you. I am not sure why it should keep happening but you can read this explanation here. You need to contact customer support to get a refund:

If you happen to play on a mobile device, you can also contact directly from the device (this way support will have all the details needed to help), all you need to do is:

- Open the game app

- Tap on the? mark

- Tap on "Purchases and gold bars"

-If you are using an Apple device then click on the sub topic - "accidental purchase on my Apple Device" - otherwise:

- Scroll down to the bottom and hit "Contact Us"

If you are on a PC then scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Contact Us"

When you fill out the form make sure you select "Problems with purchases" and then on the second drop down click on "Accidental purchase". 

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager

Hi @nartou !

Are you playing on an iPhone or iPad? If so, first make sure that several purchases have not been merged into one transaction on your credit or debit card. If you have made several purchases through your Apple-ID the same week (not necessarily in the same game or app), Apple can merge these purchases into one big transaction instead of charging you separately for every single purchase. 

Log in into your Apple-ID and check your purchase history there. All purchases that appear in the same receipt in your Apple-ID will be charged in one transaction and you can see the amount that you will be charged on your card in the bottom of the receipt.

If you have made three purchases of 14.99$ the past week, then it's most likely it's all these purchases that have been charged at the same time; 44.97$.

• christineMann
    christineMann Posts: 1 Newbie

I’ve been charged separately and I’ve been over charged. Now I want my money and I want it NOW❗️❗️❗️

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,795 Candy Moderator

Hello @christineMann and welcome to the King Community. I am sorry you have been having problems with overcharging. If you follow what I said above and include a copy of your receipt to show the incorrect charges when you contact Player Support, they can help resolve your issue.

• Crazy Cat Lad

Hi @christineMann !

If Apple has over charged you, meaning the charged amount on your account/ credit card is not the same as the receipt when you log in to your Apple-ID, then report this to Apple Support who handles all transactions you make with your Apple-ID.

• rachelbalcom4
    rachelbalcom4 Posts: 2 Newbie

I was charged for something i never signed up for.

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    edited June 2021

@rachelbalcom4 Hi and welcome,

The community cannot deal with purchase issues as it contains you personnel information please contact customer support to dispute any charges

Thank you

• Crazy Cat Lad

Hi @rachelbalcom4 !

If you have a pin or password set for your device and also a password, face or fingerprint recognition set up for your Apple-ID or Google Play account and haven't shared your device with anyone then Google or Apple will refund your unauthorized purchases.

Please check HERE how to ask for a refund directly from the platform that handles your transactions and purchases.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?