Doubled the price of gold bars?!

Options
dklugman
dklugman Posts: 3 Newbie

For years, it has cost $2.99 for 60 gold bars. All of a sudden, I am getting charged $2.99 for 30 bars. Did you think I would t notice?!?! That is ridiculous, and insulting because I’ve been a loyal customer for over 10 years! I mean - I should be getting them for free instead of a 100% price hike. Please reinstate the original price or I will never make an in app purchase again.

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,660 Legend
    Options

Hello @dklugman. You aren't the first person to complain about this issue, and if you enter Piggy Bank as a search criteria you will find lots of complaints regarding this issue.

Here is one similar discussion

As I have said before this is a difficult issue for King because of people like me. My Piggy Bank has never held more than thirty gold bars and the price was the same as it was for you. If King now listen to all of the complaints and half the price for the people with sixty gold bars then everyone with thirty gold bar Bank's will quite rightly complain that they are being ripped off.

I don't think you will see a definitive answer to this issue anytime soon, but I am sure I remember @Crazy Cat Lad writing that the issue was being forwarded to the Game Team.

One thing to consider dklugman is that if you stop making in app purchases it will not affect King in anyway, as you are just one of two hundred million players.

• dklugman
    dklugman Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

King, and Candy Crush lives and dies by the loyalty of its customers. If we all stop our in app purchases for a week - say week of June 28th, they’ll notice - believe me. It wouldn’t hurt us at all individually , but they would sure feel it!

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,660 Legend
    edited June 2021
    Options

I don't think you quite grasp the enormity of over two hundred million people. Not every player has a Piggy Bank, so why would those players want to stop playing? Not everyone with a Piggy Bank uses their Piggy Bank, so why would those players want to stop playing.

If by 'all' you mean everyone on this site then King would hardly notice as I doubt there are even a thousand active members here.

• Magic_Mixer
    Magic_Mixer Posts: 255 Level 4
    Options

If they weren't worth the money earlier, why to buy them now?

• Puglady58
    Puglady58 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

For the last year, King as made quite a few changes. The keep taking away all the free rewards. It is nearly impossible to pass a game without them, too. As much as I have enjoyed playing, I have found myself playing a lot less. It is time to find another game that is fun and addictive. Is there anyone else tired of all the changes,

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?