Why does my husbands Candy Crush on his iPad behave differently to CC on my iPad??

Options
sandiwaterslewis
sandiwaterslewis Posts: 7 Level 2

I’ve been playing CC a long time but fear it is now time to quit. I absolutely cannot get past level 4860 and just 16 moves is ridiculously low for this very difficult board. And don’t tell me to wait for a lucky board, as it just isn’t happening, and I NEVER get a board like those in the tutorial videos, so don’t go there either! 😞

My husband gets different things on his iPad to me?? Both iPads are new and always updated, and both play CC through the app. Why is this??

He gets the purple box to click which goes to red curtains and then an ad to watch so he can get extra boosters. I’ve NEVER once had this on my iPad.

He also gets the purple balloon on the map to also watch an ad in order to get an extra booster. Again, I have never had this on my iPad.

He also gets a lWelcome Backl and a bunch of extra moves if he hasn’t played for a while. I need this to happen on my iPad and maybe then I could pass level 4860.

Why the variations in the same devices, with the games being played through the app??

Very frustrating for me 🙄🤔

Comments

• sandiwaterslewis
    sandiwaterslewis Posts: 7 Level 2
    Options

Thanks for answering my queries King…not…☹️🤷‍♀️

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,656 Legend
    Options

Hi @sandiwaterslewis sorry for the lack of response to your discussion, but I think it highly likely that no one wanted to give you bad news.

I’ve been playing CC a long time but fear it is now time to quit. I absolutely cannot get past level 4860 and just 16 moves is ridiculously low for this very difficult board. And don’t tell me to wait for a lucky board, as it just isn’t happening, and I NEVER get a board like those in the tutorial videos, so don’t go there either!

I used to think that because people are playing levels in the 9000's then it must be possible to beat all of the lower levels. Now I am not so sure as it is common knowledge that the lower levels have moves removed regardless of whether this makes a level playable or not.

I know you don't want to hear it, but waiting for a lucky board is probably your only choice if you really can't beat a level. I once played a level for four days and the lucky board I received resulted in me completing the level with eight moves left.

I agree with you about the videos I sometimes think that the people that make the videos only show their lucky board results.

My husband gets different things on his iPad to me?? Both iPads are new and always updated, and both play CC through the app. Why is this??

He gets the purple box to click which goes to red curtains and then an ad to watch so he can get extra boosters. I’ve NEVER once had this on my iPad.

He also gets the purple balloon on the map to also watch an ad in order to get an extra booster. Again, I have never had this on my iPad.

He also gets a lWelcome Backl and a bunch of extra moves if he hasn’t played for a while. I need this to happen on my iPad and maybe then I could pass level 4860.

Why the variations in the same devices, with the games being played through the app

I haven't really got an answer that makes any kind of sense to this issue. You would think that everyone that plays Candy Crush plays the same game, but other than everyone has to match candy this isn't the case.

Events like the Sweet Cinema and Air Delivery, that you say your husband has, are handed out randomly to what King call 'test' groups. Because of this approach not everyone has the same features in their game. Also your husband might find that having a special event is no guarantee that he will keep it.

So the variations between the same game game being played on similar devices is purely the result of this 'test' approach. How features that have been available for years can be classed a 'test' is beyond me.

Thanks for answering my queries King

No one from King will answer your questions on this site. This site is made up of people just like you. This site is just a community of Candy Crush players.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?