Feedback on levels 9636-9680!

Comments

• LindQ
    LindQ Posts: 562 Kingster

Scores are set by us, but we are looking into making it a better and more accurate process. The 1 star mark is usually (almost always) the absolute lowest score possible to get to complete the level. The other scores are either set by a general calculation or based on our scores when playing. Both these systems are a little flawed. We use no boosters when testing, so we will often get less score than playes that use boosters or players that are very good at making specials etc. But the calculation is also flawed because if we always used it 3 stars would be impossible on some levels and super easy on others. But we are looking into more consistent ways!

The "hint" is usually only to show any available move in case you get stuck, it is seldom the best move you can make.

The pre-level messages are sometimes a bit off, yes. The message about the magic mixer will always appear if the magic mixer is spawning in the order required for the level, since the game doesn't take the walls into account. However, I'm pretty sure CB+CB damages the mixer, even when inside walls since it damages every tile once. So I guess the message is just warning you to not do 5 CB+CB combos 😅

• LindQ
    LindQ Posts: 562 Kingster

I actually checked the level myself the day before release without issues, but internally I play on a different version (several different versions actually, and it works on most of them now that i've tested a bunch of them). The devs (the smart people that are not me) are trying to figure out why magic mixers spawning in orders suddenly wasn't recognized. I'm glad we could rework the level to not use a magic mixer though so that players won't have to deal with the issue anymore 😄

• sauren
    sauren Posts: 248 Level 3

@LindQ

The same thing happened to me with level 9671, where 2 cherries dropped to the bottom and I had no chance of winning.

@Michael-6

@Albert_Heinrich

• Glenn1972
    Glenn1972 Posts: 16,650 Pro Player 👑

@LindQ , level 9671 played well just moments ago!

• Albert_Heinrich
    Albert_Heinrich Posts: 2,617 Level 4

@LindQ, just my Penny's worth on level issues.

Generally the game is played for pure enjoyment, but some players (maybe just a few), has a competitive nature and play to achieve, be it the first one to complete the released episodes, to win every episode race, collecting diamond trophies and having a win streak, etc.

Take the win streak for example, where players protect it (and the diamond trophy that comes with it) by using IGB's. When a streak is lost due to "OOPS" or a flaw in the level, it is not inconceivable that players becomes irate. Imagine, having used all those IGB's at a cost, and it all goes down the tube due to events totally out of the players' control.

Currently there is nothing in place to restore a streak or allow a replay.

I am not sure how easy or difficult it is to allow for a restore of a WS for instance, but it surely cannot be impossible.

Having lost my 600+ win streak recently, had me fuming and I am sure many others before me also had difficulty in accepting that nothing can be done about it. You loose the PGB's and then have to start from scratch.

Just giving my opinion.

BTW, I have moved on and now happily sit on a 30+ WS

• Ditte
    Ditte Posts: 464 Level 3

For me the only reason it matters if I lose the win-streak is because of the boosters that comes with it/the candy necklace. Wasn't bothered about losing the 200-something streak, just that I had to build up the necklace again. I don't care about stars either. One star is just fine by me, as long as I pass the level. And in here in the community, when I get a notification that now I've reached a new level, gotten points or badges or whatever for something I just wonder, if/why anyone would really care?! I sure don't!

• Albert_Heinrich
    Albert_Heinrich Posts: 2,617 Level 4
    edited June 2021

That is the point. You play not to loose the WS and by default the PGB's that it gives. If I loose the necklace because of something in my control, that is accepted.

• Ditte
    Ditte Posts: 464 Level 3

Yes but it sounded like it was the loss of the very long streak that bothered you? I wouldn't be more annoyed at losing it at 200 than at 7. Much better in the good old days, when it could be built with old levels, and even better before "the Fix", when we could "shuffle" the board. This week losing it at 9665 wasn't so bad because the following levels were easy enough to pass without the boosters.

• Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,844 Level 5

Hey there @Albert_Heinrich!

I totally understand how you feel! I do not know how long you have been playing CCS, in July I will have been playing for 8 years.

Part of what I love about the game is as you mentioned there are different ways to compete. What I have come to realize about the game is that it never is and never will be a even playing field. Oops, glitches, internet interruptions, lucky boards, etc. Oh my!

A while back I just decided my attitude would be okay. There are so many games within the game that you can play. There are the bad glitches and then we get the good glitches. I try to shake off the bad glitches and work the good glitches! My favorite parts of CCS, this thread right here and fencing with the game creators. What will they come up with next❓

@Boybinary still not sure about them jarhead jellyfish! I still have the 3rd episode to go.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?