Level 359 glitch lol (Not symmetrical)

Options
2»

Comments

• Goldenswordz
    Goldenswordz Posts: 532 Level 3
    edited August 2021
    Options

Yeah, but every time you place a jelly on the board, it's automaticallly added to the level goal. You don't have to manually change the level goal to say "134" jelly. I know this from personal experience in creating custom levels.

The point of the post was letting the designers know there's a missing jelly (which makes the level look kinda awkward) and that they could fix it by adding that extra jelly. Because if you add an extra jelly, the jelly goal will automatically add that as a requirement, no need to manually change the level goal. This was also demonstrated at the zoom meeting a while back I think.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,687 Legend
    Options

You make a lot of sense, but I must admit I wouldn't have concluded that a jelly was missing when the order and available jelly already match.

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5
    Options

um, yeah, gonna side with Alienscar here. I believe the point he (and I) made is that the level design was intentionally done that way (as validated by the order and available jelly already matching). There was no mistake.

Honestly, I was super confused about the point of your original post until you clarified in your most recent post above. Sure, the designers could add in the missing layer and adjust the jelly order to be 134--but I don't think the game should be catering to every little whimsy of players.

The visually impaired, etc. was a valid reason for removing the chameleon/rainbow candies from the game. Making a board symmetrical to satisfy someone's OCD is not--and I'm fairly OCD myself! 😂

• Goldenswordz
    edited August 2021
    Options

Eh, one user ended up adding jelly to a glitched level when they simply could've changed it to an ingredients level. So idk.

Also Idk why a level designer would intentionally do this. Some user corrected a symmetry error in another level and it got fixed (it was also jelly), idk why I can't.

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5
    Options

Why would a level designer do that intentionally? Maybe 'cuz.. 🕶️ they're King. 😎 YEAAAAH!!!

I usually don't side with King, but on this I do. They can place the blockers, ingredients, orders, etc. any which way since it's their baby. Hey, go wild; make lopsided X's and O's out of the candy tiles for all I care. It's their creation/inspiration.

That's news to me that a symmetry error in another level got fixed due to a user suggestion, though. Now your thread doesn't seem as random anymore at least lol.

• Goldenswordz
    edited August 2021
    Options

Yeah I do kinda wanna work for king, but at the same time Idk if I'd get turned down because they look for a certain style nowadays or if they really care. Because most recent levels seem to have a very specific style unlike before where it was more creative.

• LindQ
    LindQ Posts: 562 Kingster
    Options

That's actually impossible (unless something is very broken), because the level counts current jelly on the board, unlike normal orders where we can set a specific number 🤗

• LindQ
    LindQ Posts: 562 Kingster
    Options

And yes, this was fixed as it was most likely not intentional. Sometimes we're human too, believe it or not 😅

• Alienscar
    Options

@LindQ That's actually impossible (unless something is very broken),

And that is why I said it would look more like an error.

• Alienscar
    edited August 2021
    Options

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?