⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Unfair odds!

Nigel_Cleaves
Nigel_Cleaves Posts: 42 Level 2

Can Admin explain why I'm in a race with players that I definitely know have completed this race a few weeks ago. The player just ahead of me is Admin in a candy crush Facebook group. I know exactly what level she is on and it's not what is shown in the above image!

Best Answer

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,484 Legend
    Answer ✓

@Nigel_Cleaves This is news to me. I shouldn't need to come to the forum regularly for in game features to be explained to me. A simple text prompt in the game should be all it needs to explain a feature or contest.

Hi Nigel, the information about how the Episode Race works is already available within the game. All you have to do is select the 'i' button at the top left of the Episode Race pop up.

Answers

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 143,100 Candy Moderator

Hi and Welcome to our Community

Randomly picked players. can be anyone on the Episode Race board. If we finish the race, we will definitely win and get the gold bars.

• Nigel_Cleaves

I am in last place.... im stuck on a nightmarish hard level. The person in front of me has played these levels weeks ago. Why is she a competitor against me. If she gets ahead of me and takes a higher place than me then she should get gold. She won't because in real life she has already played these levels weeks ago. All this is doing, is stopping me from taking a higher place.

• Alienscar
    edited September 2021

Hello @Nigel_Cleaves The Episode/Fast Race isn't a live race. The Episode Race just compares the time it takes you to complete the Episode to the time of other players that have already completed the Episode.

So it doesn't matter when the players in your group completed the Episode Race all that matters is how quickly you complete the Race. Whilst the person you mention is ahead of you in the game it doesn't automatically mean that they will be faster than you. It also doesn't mean that they won the same race when they played it.

As long as you complete the Race as quickly as you can then that will guarantee you will place highly in the Race.

• Nigel_Cleaves

@Alienscar This is news to me. I shouldn't need to come to the forum regularly for in game features to be explained to me. A simple text prompt in the game should be all it needs to explain a feature or contest. I, like many in my Facebook group will attempt to reach level 10k and then walk away from the game. I'm stuck on 9971 and can see from posts what difficulties are to come to reach 10000.

This game has become too stressful for the average player.....

• Nigel_Cleaves

@Alienscar also as a note to your reply. You state its not live and I'm competing against a time taken by my fellow players. Because its not live, I'm playing the level and it's features right now. We all know very well that that KING regularly adjust the playability of levels.

How is this a fair way of playing then?

• Alienscar
    Answer ✓

@Nigel_Cleaves This is news to me. I shouldn't need to come to the forum regularly for in game features to be explained to me. A simple text prompt in the game should be all it needs to explain a feature or contest.

Hi Nigel, the information about how the Episode Race works is already available within the game. All you have to do is select the 'i' button at the top left of the Episode Race pop up.

• Alienscar
    edited September 2021

I, like many in my Facebook group will attempt to reach level 10k and then walk away from the game. I'm stuck on 9971 and can see from posts what difficulties are to come to reach 10000.

That statement was fairly popular before level 10,000 got released. It is interesting how many of those players that said it are still playing.

This game has become too stressful for the average player.....

Stress is a state of the mind. If you can change your mindset towards the game you will find it less stressful. That is, try not to take it too seriously, and try not to place too much importance on things like the Episode Race and completing levels quickly.

@Nigel_Cleaves Because its not live, I'm playing the level and it's features right now. We all know very well that that KING regularly adjust the playability of levels.

How is this a fair way of playing then?

That is a good point, but fairness is too subjective a term to discuss in a meaningful way. How is it fair that you are in a Race with people that might have paid for unlimited lives for instance. How is it fair that some people can play for six hours a day? The list goes on.

All is fair in love & Candy Crush.

If you play as quickly as you can then that is all you can do. I think I have read that the best way of winning the Episode Race is to play it all in one sitting.

Can I ask who the Admin is that you are playing against? I am interested because a lot of the people at the end of the map complain that they don't get an Episode Race. This is no surprise to me as if you are playing the levels as they are released then there can be no record of other people's attempts against which you can be measured. There is every chance your Admin didn't even get an Episode Race even though they appear in yours.

• Nigel_Cleaves

@Alienscar my Admin is Jose Savelkoul in Candy crush saga all help Facebook group.

• Alienscar

Thanks @Nigel_Cleaves, as far as I can tell @José_Savelkoul isn't one of those that has complained about not having the Episode Race.

• José_Savelkoul
    José_Savelkoul Posts: 555 Level 4

I didn't complain about it, that's right @Alienscar. But, my Episode-race has been missing for quite a while. I was pretty pleased to see it back in my game last Wednesday. And by the way @Nigel_Cleaves, I don't always play the levels real fast. You can beat me, Good luck!!!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?