Little bug a boo in challenge a friend feature.

Options

I tried searching thread for challenge friend issues but simply can’t come up with any articles addressing this. It usually is 1 hour challenge for getting a gold crown in 1 hour and 24 hours for hard levels. I had a 1 hour challenge and I accomplished it but I can’t tell if I ever got credit. I thought there was an acknowledgment screen / claim screen but that has not happened yesterday nor today.

It had some crazy amount of hours on it yesterday to complete it. Wellllll, today, it happened again. Screenshot attached on the endless amount of time to complete the challenge. I haven’t tried to convert this to years but I suspect I won’t be on the top side of where the green grass grows when this challenge expires. 😀

Other than possible not getting awarded for the accomplishment (no claim screen) this has not affected my game play.

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,852 Legend
    Options

Hi @beechsundowner here is some information copied from the Help Center. Hopefully you find it is of help.

Have you suddenly discovered one of the in-game clocks is showing a huge time increase, which is seems like an error? Maybe there's a wait for the next life or event with thousands of minutes? 

Don't worry, we can help you fix this.

This issue is, generally speaking, related to changes that have been made to your own device's time or date settings. For example, if you've had need to change the time or date, due to traveling and changing time-zones, then this has an impact on the game's built-in clock used to keep track. 

To fix this and get your clock performing properly again, simply follow these steps: 

1. First step, is to open the map in the game and check how long you have to wait for the next life. Make a note of this.
    2. Now reset the clock on your device...(For example, if the game says "100 hours until the next life" you need to change the date in your phone's calendar by calculating how many days are in 100 hours and set the date forward accordingly.)
    3. Once this is done, briefly access the game's map screen and then go back to the settings menu on your device.
    4. Now set the date back to the current correct date
    5. Finally restart your device and get back to the adventure!

That should fix the issue but if it does not then please, reinstall the app and the timer should reset automatically. Please note that boosters and lives will also get reset in this process. 

• beechsundowner
    beechsundowner Posts: 28 Level 2
    Options

Thanks Aliebnscar but this doesn’t apply. My game clock is central time and auto changes when time changes. I have not changed time zones nor have I fudge the time on my ipad..

This started yesterday. Something is happening on the game side of the arena. I don’t want to delete the game as I have too many boosts vested and I don’t want to lose those having learned the hard way. All my other times in the game seems to be correct, such as F5 competition and so forth.

• Alienscar
    Options

Hi @beechsundowner whilst the reason for the increase in time might not be relevant the fix might. Have you tried adjusting your clock?

The game's internal clock can be corrupted by more than just changing the time on your device. It is worth giving the fix a try, as what have you to lose?

• beechsundowner
    edited September 2021
    Options

See above reply. I figure more damage can be done messing with the clock and then subsequently opening up games from my own DYI experiences

My life countdown time is right as well as other time features that uses the internal clock. It’s only the challenge a friend hard level feature that is still broken (even as of this posting). The gold crown award time beat level on first attempt still reflects the correct 1 hour countdown time. Therefore, if it was a problem with my internal clock, ALL time facets, time to get next life, 1 hour win a level on first attempt and so on would be equally corrupted, not one segment inside the game.

I can verify I do get the chocolate ball award as the claim screen does now show up since my original post. Hope all of this makes sense.

• Alienscar
    Options

Have you suddenly discovered one of the in-game clocks is showing a huge time increase, 

It is plain from the advice that having one incorrect timer doesn't mean that all your in-game timers have to be wrong.

It is not your device's internal clock that is the issue, but the game's.

The advice is from King, so should be safe for you to follow without any undue issues. Afterall all you have to do is alter the clock and then reset it. I quite understand if you are wary of trying this though.

• Pounawea
    Pounawea Posts: 4,514 Community Manager
    Options

Hello @beechsundowner ,

Thank you very much for the feedback and information shared in your posts.

Also, thank you @Alienscar for your help! It is amazing to see how we all help each other in this community. ⭐️

We forwarded the information & screenshot to the team and they've been working on it to make sure that everything is working. 🙂 I'm glad to read that you have now received the reward, and rest assure that we will keep working on improving this feature to make it more fun and sweeter!

Challenge friends feature - as you know, at times some events are only available in specific regions or specific group of players. It'd be great if you could share your opinion with us!

Putting aside the bug with the timer, what do you think of this feature so far? Do you like to idea and also the opportunities to win extra rewards by challenging friends? 🙂

Have a delicious day and see you around the forum. 🍬 🍬

• beechsundowner
    Options

It’s a privilege to be of help Pounanwea. THANK YOU for the opportunity to give feedback!

I love the challenge friend feature. It’s productive in the sense I like being challenged whether it be complete a level in the game or from a friends challenge.

My ONLY wish is to be able to initiate a challenge. I can start a challenge if I get the box after completing a challenge to me. But without a challenge sent to me, I have no way of initiating the challenge. For example:

I receive a complete difficult level challenge from friend. I complete challenge and win my chocolate booster. I sometimes do not get a box to get to challenge my friends. This means I have to wait until the next incoming challenge comes up and I have to hope the next challenge will give the the box to challenge my friends. I like the “challenge up to 10 friends” and would like to keep the challenges going on a rolling basis, 10 challenges out, as they are completed, I would like to back fill the completed challenges with new challenges.

I hope this all makes sense, if not please keep asking!

• beechsundowner
    Options

Don’t laugh too hard Alienscar. I am going be changing time zones on Thursday as I head up to Ohio from Mississippi. Maybe then it will fix itself without manual intervention. 😀

• Pounawea
    Pounawea Posts: 4,514 Community Manager
    Options

Awesome, @beechsundowner .

Really appreciate your feedback!

I'm so glad to read that you love it. Your suggestion makes perfect sense and, as far as I know, we are aiming to do that: to be challenged by friends and also to have the ability to challenge some friends! That is the objective, and also some other surprises. 🙂 With the team's passion, we will keep working on it, and with the time and the team's passion, I'm sure that we'll make this feature better and sweeter!

By the way, what level are you currently crushing?

Have a delicious day and see you around the forum. 🍬 🍬

• beechsundowner
    Options

Looking forward to surprises Pounawea. My dentist may think differently though 😂. I just completed 7211. I’ve been playing for well over 10 years, took about a 3 year hiatus break then just picked up playing oh about 6 months or so and wondered, why I am NOT a diabetic of Candy crush. Guess that 3 year hiatus was more of a “portion control” on living by the saying “missing makes the heart fonder”.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?