⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

No games will run.

Options
Skyward
Skyward Posts: 4 Newbie

I go to King.com and scroll down to the bottom where the games are listed and click on Candycrush for example, it takes me back to the top of the page and NOTHING happens. It does this no matter what game I click on. I've been playing Candycrush this way for a long time and all of a sudden this happened yesterday.

Answers

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Skyward and welcome to our Community!

Have you tried to click on the game on the main menu HERE?

• Skyward
    Options

Yes I've tried that AND I tried your link. When I click on ANY game nothing happens. If I right click and open it in a new window, the King logo appears in the middle of the screen, but the game never opens. It's weird, it was working fine yesterday.

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5
    Options

@Crazy Cat Lad I mentioned this a few days ago in a different thread. It affected my home computer; I was able to fix by clicking the Reset settings button and clearing the browser.

However, I tried the same thing on my work computer and it didn't work. See below.

I think something's wrong with the King website, not the browser. Tell the IT team to investigate. This on and off problem is annoying.

• KingSlayer23
    KingSlayer23 Posts: 88 Level 3
    Options

same thing has happened to me... starting back on 09/13/21. both Win10 Desktop and Win7 Laptop would only get as far as the King logo screen with a Recaptcha emblem in the bottom right corner as the only things appearing on the screen. After a few days, the Win10 Desktop starting working again for no reason, but the Win7 Laptop was still DOA. On 09/20/21, the Win10 Desktop once again joined the Win7 Laptop in being useless as far as playing games on the www.king.com site.

• Deryck
    Options

D'oh! That means I deleted all 50+ of my stored lives for nothing since, as you indicate, the problem randomly fixed itself, meaning my action of resetting the browser had zero effect.

Gonna have to check my home computer later to see if the problem returned there.

• Skyward
    Options

Thanks for the feedback.

• KingSlayer23
    Options

After being dead all day yesterday, my Win10 Desktop just started working again.... I had probably unsuccessfully tried to load it 100 times today, then for whatever reason it brought up the game without me doing anything different than the previous 100 attempts. .. still can't play on the Win 7 Laptop since 09/13.

I've been trying to find out more info on that Recaptcha emblem... could it be stopping the game from loading, but without giving us boats or cars or crosswalks to choose to bypass the human test?

• Deryck
    Options

I'm on my home computer now, and the same stupid error is indeed back.

I learned my lesson from this thread though. No clearing history/caches for me; I'll just keep waiting till it returns to normal on its own.

@Crazy Cat Lad At least update us on if anything is being done about this issue. 😵

• KingSlayer23
    Options

maybe good news for you Deryck.... after 8 long days... my Win7 Laptop loaded the www.king.com games! I am back in business since my Win10 Desktop also loaded games once again earlier today.

the solution... repeated attempts of logging in... clearing cookies and cache along the way each time... why it finally loaded games... anyone's guess. Good luck and patience

• KingSlayer23
    Options

addendum... I didn't lose anything from clearing caches and cookies...I am where I was when I got locked out.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?