πŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒFINISHED - Share Your Favorite Halloween Memories for a Chance to Win Gold Bars!!πŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒ

Options

Comments

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,952 Candy Moderator
    Options

I am loving reading all these memories and stories. I know that in a lot of places in the world they don't celebrate Halloween but please feel free to share your favorite scary movie and let us know why you like it! πŸ˜ŠπŸ¨πŸ’•πŸŽƒ

• Princess_lovely
    Princess_lovely Posts: 3,357 Level 4
    Options

Hi@bearwithme

Awesome topic

But in our country we don't celebrate HalloweenπŸ˜‡

• ccasalta
    ccasalta Posts: 449 Level 3
    Options

One of my best memories and that of that a long time ago about 45 years ago is that it was celebrated with a dance party at friends' houses. remembering unimaginable moments thanks to this community

😱😲😡

β˜ΊπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜€

πŸ’›πŸ’™β€

• Beth_Mc_Hugh
    Beth_Mc_Hugh Posts: 156 Level 3
    Options

Haunted houses, pumpkin seeds, pillowcases filled with candy and UNICEF orange collection boxes.

Great big gobs of gooey grimy gopher guts, mutilated monkey meat, little dirty birdie feet, french fried eyeballs simmered in a pool of blood, darn it! I forgot my spoon....sip it through a straw.

πŸ˜πŸ€’πŸ‘»πŸ¦‡πŸ•·πŸŒ½πŸŽƒπŸŽƒ

Happy Halloween 🍫🍬

• ndaoz
    ndaoz Posts: 883 Level 4
    Options

Halloween is not celebrated in my country either. I'm afraid I don't have a memory of it...

I saw the Stephen King movies years ago. I can't watch a horror movie right now, I'm getting too nervous, and I don't want to do this to myselfπŸ˜„

I enjoyed reading your funny stories. ❀❀

• siti_payung
    siti_payung Posts: 13,089 Level 5
    Options

I never celebrate Halloween but if I do this year I will be wearing ...

hahaha

• Ryanthecrusher
    Ryanthecrusher Posts: 534 Level 4
    edited October 2021
    Options

When i was little, at around age 6, at halloween I'd always go trick o treating at around 7 pm with my friends and then there was always this house that gives children candy without the wrappers! This always reminds me of candy crush, where there are regular candies and wrapped! Usually after i'm finished, after 1 hour or so, i usually would have a bag full of candy! Reminds me of the nightmares when your bag rips and all of your candy fall out when it's too heavy 😫I have a friend that doesn't celebrate halloween but his birthday is on it! I always go and wish him a happy birthday before i go get candy😁

• Jessicaa_Welch
    Jessicaa_Welch Posts: 160 Level 3
    Options

My favorite memory of Halloween is every Halloween πŸŽƒ because I get to dress myself and my kids up and take them trick or treating! My birthday is a day before Halloween πŸŽƒ so everyone calls me the Halloween baby lol.

• CassD
    CassD Posts: 18,516 Level 5
    edited October 2021
    Options

Good contest @bearwithme.

Halloween has only made its way into the UK in recent years. One recent memory is our son-in-law nailing up the doors to make it look like a haunted house, but forgetting that our daughter hadn't returned from work and she couldn't get in past the witch he had placed next to the door.

Previously, the nearest celebration here was on Bonfire Night or Guy Fawkes' Night. He was one of the Catholic conspirators who had gone to blow up the House of Lords on 5 November 1605 and assassinate King James I. However, the plot was discovered, with Guy Fawkes guarding the huge amount of gunpowder, and the conspirators were sentenced to be hanged, drawn and quartered.

Huge bonfires are made on or near 5 November and effigies of Guy Fawkes are burned on them, followed by firework displays.

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,952 Candy Moderator
    Options

There are some great stories/memories being shared! Thank you everyone - I look forward to reading even more!πŸ˜ŠπŸ¨πŸ’•

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?