New management for Candy Crush?

ozzyphil
ozzyphil Posts: 4 Newbie

I have this nagging suspicion Candy Crush was bought over by an investment company. Some folks who cared nothing about the delights of the game but just saw an opportunity to use its addictiveness to make money. The entire point of the game now seems to be to frustrate you on all levels and make sure you use boosters that are paid for to get by. I'll soon chuck it, I have more important things to do with money. This game used to be so fun to play, now it really isn't!

Comments

• simplyP
    simplyP Posts: 11,759 Level 5

Yes, few years back. You are correct!!

• ozzyphil
    ozzyphil Posts: 4 Newbie

Thanks for the confirmation. I knew it just from the totally different experience one now has whilst playing the game.

I can even imagine how the management meetings go.

Dev : "We added 50 levels that keep the theme of incremental difficulty, new features but still a lot of fun"

Manager : "What are you on about? I want to see the charts of how much money each of your new levels generates from direct purchases from that level. If your new levels fall below this number, you'll be looking for a new job!"

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,623 Legend

Hi @ozzyphil the takeover being referred to actually took place in 2016. That was when Activision acquired King for $5.9 billion

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?