Feedback on levels 10 431 - 10 475

Comments

• Goldenswordz
    Goldenswordz Posts: 525 Level 3

I'm still on the first episode, but this batch of levels has been great so far. I haven't been particualarly stuck on any level, plus the designs are a lot better too.

• Goldenswordz

@LindQ I remember the zoom webinar user-created level (10443) being 35 moves?

• Lindark
    Lindark Posts: 5,681 Sweet Legend

Eagerly working my way to the Candy Cobra level, one more episode to go, I think?

• LindQ
    LindQ Posts: 562 Kingster

That may be true! But 35 moves is kind of the starting standard when we create a level, and it's very difficult to balance a level, let alone build one, in the 15-20 that was spent making it! So to keep the level the same without changing the layout or layers, we tweaked it with moves instead! That level would never need 35 moves to complete it, so there would always be many excess moves anyway.

• Peter_Tornaros
    Peter_Tornaros Posts: 1,981 Level 5

Totally enjoyed this weeks releases. A good mixture of everything, with a few levels bringing back memories of very early levels. Only complaint is, as usual, the boring Sour Skulls. Hopefully they will eventually disappear.

This week we want to know how you feel about the following things!

1 Did you get stuck on any level? Any level that was really sticky?

No

2 Which was your favorite overall episode? Any 15 levels that was extra sweet?

First Episode was excellent. Couldn't really consider Episode 3 as we had training wheels on for the first 3 levels, all involving the Cobra.

3 What was your absolute favorite level? Which level would you like to play one more time?

10474, closely followed by 10433. Both were colorful and involved chasing colored candies, just like the old days.

Finally, I think the Candy Cobra will bring a different aspect to the game, as long as he/she is not overdone.

As usual, no Episode Race !!!

• Michael-6
    Michael-6 Posts: 987 Level 3

Finished the three episodes. Definitely the best release of levels in an absolute age in this game. Great stuff.

Second episode probably had the hardest levels of the week, a few in there you will likely need a few goes at if you don't have the full necklace. 10450 i already mentioned, 10456 also. With 10456 there is the opportunity to employ some tactics, so an interesting hard level all the same. 10460 requires a bit of luck too.

The third episode also had a few potentially hard levels- 10469 had some awkward to reach jelly, 10470 has a lot of blockers and 10472 has a familiar foe- collecting enough toffee swirls from stingy dispensers.

The candy cobra levels are great fun, and the way it fills in missing parts of the boards is interesting in particular. And it is nice to see a fresh feature in the game- i think this one provides a lot of scope for interesting levels. My one minor concern would be what happened with the jelly jars- the fact they cleared blockers in the surrounding area meant we quickly got an endless stream of levels filled with jelly jars and over-the-top amounts of blockers... i hope something similar doesn't happen here. The fact the cobra clears an entire row of blockers no matter how many are there means the same issue shouldn't arise.

• Goldenswordz

@Michael-6 The third episode DOES have a level with only candy cobras and nothing else, and that gives me hope they're not gonna overdo the blockers.

• Michael-6
    Michael-6 Posts: 987 Level 3

@LindQ something to consider! I went back and tried a few of the earlier levels to see how they played without boosters, and there is an issue with 10432. It is a similar issue to the fish+booster sour skull problem. A fish+wrapper landed on a jelly jar and cleared it. However, it didn't count towards to total of cleared jelly jars, meaning you are left with the situation below- one jelly jar required to unlock the last square, but none left on the board to do so.

• Boybinary
    Boybinary Posts: 2,950 Level 5

10472 Anyone else having issues?

Tons of boards, very typical ending

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?