such unpleasant times

ricks26bh
ricks26bh Posts: 47 Level 2

It's been a disgrace to spend time playing. More than 20 attempts to win a level and when we win it's not because of strategy but because of programming that puts the right pieces after giving combos. It's very annoying to keep trying and trying and the game disallows moves to force us to use boosters. I feel cheated and manipulated all the time. Does anyone else feel that? Everything to make us spend money. It is no longer a fun game but a way to get addicted to profit!!!

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,484 Legend

I wouldn't say I feel cheated, or manipulated but I do feel frustrated with the way moves are removed from levels without any thought as to how playable those levels are

I have never bought anything for the game, so if the aim of the poor level design is to force everyone to spend money then it is failing. On the hand a few of the levels have seriously made me consider deleting the game.

I read somewhere that only a small percentage of Candy Crush players pay to play, so it crosses my mind that the increased difficulty is aimed that them. That is, by making the game more difficult those people that don't mind paying might pay more to complete the really difficult levels. People that don't pay and give up because the game is less fun than it used to be won't be missed as they don't affect King's revenue.

• Alienscar
    edited October 2021

It is not logical to say that a level is difficult if we have to play several times until the programming / algorithm gives the appropriate pieces

@ricks26bh It is perfectly logical to say that if you have to play a level several times it is because it is difficult. Waiting for the 'lucky board' is all part of the difficulty.

• jemmi26
    jemmi26 Posts: 1 Newbie

ricks26bh - I agree with you. I just typed that into the chat of the team I joined a while back. This particular Crush game is the most unkind and mercenary out of all the Crush games I've played. In fact, once this round is done for the team I'm playing with, I'm going to offload or delete the game from my cellphone. It is too obvious what their intentions are and generally I'm a patient, easy-going person, but this is too deliberate. You have the perfect next move and just before you're about to execute the move, something changes real quick, like a color so the move cannot be accomplished, and "Oh, look at that! You're out of moves with only one more item left." Too bad...go ahead and make a purchase, because if you don't, we will take away all 5 of your bottles, etc., etc....Yeah, I'm sick of it. I don't want to feel stupid for playing anymore. I've hung in there as I'm at Level 2340, but I have to step away now. Thanks for your post. I don't feel alone in this anymore.

• Alienscar
    edited October 2021

Not really. Just as the studio can remove moves and add blockers to make the game more difficult they can also do the reverse to make the game less difficult. You just have to have the patience to wait for the data to be collected.

• Alienscar

@ricks26bh still a game. The player has to make a considered choice. Wait for the studio to change the level, or just carry on playing until they beat the level. If they wait until the level gets changed then it will have to be completed by a players strategic thinking as you put it.

No defence, just an alternative view point.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?