Options

Comments

• Albert_Heinrich
    Albert_Heinrich Posts: 2,617 Level 4
    edited November 2021
    Options

Got my Win Streak back

Levels 10622-10625, way too easy.

Suppose it is to make up for the ''OOPS'' level.

• Michael-6
    Michael-6 Posts: 987 Level 3
    Options

No mess up from @Albert_Heinrich on 10620, this is now the third week in a row there has been such an issue. On some of the very tight boards, if you start with a full streak of boosters, it is impossible to make the matches you have to make, as the boosters take up the room of the limited candies you have to switch.

You can see from his screenshot that the colour bombs are sitting where a purple and yellow candy normally are, meaning no moves are possible.

It's very sloppy from the designers and a good indication the levels aren't getting much of a test before they are released.

• Michael-6
    Options

First episode finished, the best episode in about a month. There are interesting designs and enough challenging levels in there. Absolutely no blockers are needed to be added to any levels, just a balancing in terms of the moves.

• Peter_Tornaros
    Peter_Tornaros Posts: 1,992 Level 5
    Options

Total incompetence has come to the fore again. @LindQ This design flaw with "Oops' levels has been pointed out time and time again. Is it the same incompetent designer doing this ??

I had received the timed booster "prize" a few levels before, had the F5 timed booster and had a full Candy Necklace, so all I got was a reshuffle (twice) then "Oops", without even making a move !! Pathetic !!

Why aren't these obvious design flaws eliminated before these levels are released ????

• Peter_Tornaros
    Peter_Tornaros Posts: 1,992 Level 5
    edited November 2021
    Options

Finished for the week and I must say, with the exception of Level 10620, all 3 Episodes were a vast improvement on the last few weeks. A lot less clutter, plenty of color and a good mixture of easy to very hard levels. I found 10652 the easiest by far. I started with a speckled bomb/wrapped candy combo and that was it, game over, 1 move !! 10630 was my hardest level with not enough moves. I needed a UFO and Party Popper to beat it.

This week we want to know how you feel about the following things!

1 Which of the four episodes was your favorite? Any specific group of 15 levels that were sweeter than others?

Only had 3 Episodes, with Episode 3 by far the best.

2 Which level was the most special? Any level that caught your eye?

Level 10620 caught more than my eye !! It was most special for the level of incompetence displayed by the designer !!

3 What was your absolute favorite level? Which level would you like to play one more time?

10642 was brilliant !! With jellies and Samantha as the orders, it was a feast of color and tactics without any clutter. 10655 was also very good.

@LindQ Just one more comment, players work hard and use a number of their banked boosters to maintain their Candy Necklace, so it is completely unfair to have it taken away by very poor design workmanship. Also, the lack of foresight was evident when a "prize" of a cache of timed boosters was given a couple of levels before 10620.

• Lindark
    Lindark Posts: 5,681 Sweet Legend
    Options

Just about done the first episode, seems reasonable so far. Thanks for a great set!

• Michael-6
    edited November 2021
    Options

Three episodes done, superb stuff all round.

I would really urge the designers to do the bare minimum tweaking to these levels, sort out the issue with the 'oops', and adjust the number of moves on some levels. Apart from that, leave them be, let all players enjoy three episodes of well designed levels reminiscent of the old days of the game.

• LindQ
    LindQ Posts: 562 Kingster
    Options

Hi guys! I've been a busy bee lately, so I haven't been very available. Thank you for pointing out the issues with 10620, I will have it fixed today. We also have no control over these timed boosters, but it should probably have been foreseen. I will have a talk with the designer and responsible testers. Oops will always be what happens when a level breaks, but since it's not always the fault of the player we should see what can be done in those cases.

Glad you guys are enjoying some of the cool levels though! Fun fact, 10642 and 10616 was designed by the same person.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?