Feedback on levels 10 701 - 10 745!

Comments

• LindQ
    LindQ Posts: 562 Kingster

We're not going to stop monitoring levels just because we release new ones. Windows is the first platform, a much smaller platform, than our mobile one. We have always tested new things on this platform, and that is the biggest reason why levels are available two weeks earlier on Windows. A lot of players dislike when we make levels harder after release, so we tried a different approach this week where we instead make levels easier as time passes.We don't intent for these levels to have a different difficulty target than normal, so yes we will keep monitoring these levels and make changes.

And for the way the game doesn't always reflect true difficulty, I hear you. The levels in game are not marked by us manually, they are marked by a script (that probably needs some updating) and it doesn't run often enough to always reflect the difficulty of levels at the end of content. We have been looking into ways to change this for you all though to make sure that levels are labeled properly.

Unfortunately I can't answer any questions about what sort of boosters are available to win in-game, since it's not an area that I work with, but I can say that levels are not influenced by boosters available to win.

I hope that answers some questions at least! Even if you don't finish all new levels straight away every week we still appreciate you 😍

• Michael-6
    Michael-6 Posts: 987 Level 3

Thank you for that answer. To me that very much confirms that levels are not tested before they are released, and in an attempt to increase the difficulty, the levels are arbitrarily assigned a maximum of 20 moves, no matter how many are actually needed to pass them. And then, very very slowly, that move limit is tweaked. Where that went spectacularly wrong this week is that almost none of the levels released can be completed in anything close to 20 moves, making level after level after level not just hard, or very hard, but completely impossible. And if the levels had even had a mere glance before they were released, it would quickly be realised the allocated moves were completely wrong.

• Spieler_8675309
    Spieler_8675309 Posts: 4,308 Level 5
    edited December 2021

quote:

I'd just like to point out that most of the threads in the discussion section are complaints about the difficulty of recent levels, it's all you see on the front page; & this thread is nothing but spam (?) about that also...

At first you called it trash talk, & now that (word in bold); you're also doing a bit of the same thing, yourself.

Interesting choice of words you have there, partner.

Since you put it that way, don't let the door hit you where...

Never mind that; but after the level you're currently sat on (10743) gets sufficiently nerfed to allow you to complete it; you'll probably return & (once again) be excited for new levels.

And (of course) this is still a free-to-play game (doesn't seem like it at the moment); but it's your money, your choice.

Those jokers @ King HQ appreciate your ransom payment (scratch that) patronage...

• PierreRoelandt
    PierreRoelandt Posts: 222 Level 2

game 10743 impossible to complete with 25 moves

Are there any players who have problems with that game?

Not much is reacted to it by the developer LindQ, it is nevertheless she who manages the games

• Michael-6

I see 10743 has a few more moves; unfortunately this is completely insufficient to allow the level to be passed. The entire board needs redesigned. Every video of this level being passed involves a party booster- therefore it is only reasonable to conclude that there are two layers too many of blockers across the whole level. Either at least 20 more moves are added, or the blockers are reduced significantly. I don't expect the designers to do much, however; going to be stuck here for a while yet until they see sense!

• Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,837 Level 5
    edited December 2021

I did not use any Party Boosters to complete any of these new levels. Party Boosters are good but not the answer. Sometimes they wipe out what you need, hoard those big time. Make your own lucky board and try to pass on your first attempt at a level. I find that one uses fewer boosters this way. I really like the hand jive.

Most of us use boosters. Use them efficiently. Set up your board. Also, if you have the hints turned off those can be helpful. I lots of time just ignore them but I have the hints turned on.

• js_sj
    js_sj Posts: 23 Level 2

Just too many frustrating levels for me. After exhausting all my boosters, 10705 isn't worth waiting for pure luck. Time to take a break except to check in daily and try to rebuild the booster bank. The past 2 weeks has been pure misery.

• Michael-6

You'll need a long break to accumulate enough boosters for these levels! Have you looked at the candy crush royalty site? You can maybe get some free gold bars off that to help you pay the required bribe to get past some of these horrors.

• Boybinary
    Boybinary Posts: 2,958 Level 5
    edited December 2021

This was all premeditated! King has taken the role of a drug dealer with thier royalty program, first they give you free gold bars (crack) and then release levels that are impossible to pass without gold bars (crack) they finally figured out that the only way to force people to use gold bars (crack) is by needing extra moves (it is the only thing you cant hoard) so once you get used to (addicted) to using the free gold bars (crack) thier plan is to get the win 10 users to buy gold bars (crack) in order to pass!!! I can see this has worked for a few people but for those of us who refuse to spend a dime will just wait it out!!! nice try King

(drug dealer)

• Goldenswordz
    Goldenswordz Posts: 531 Level 3
    edited December 2021

The game needs to be reworked. From the ground up. The game is so broken nowadays, and there's literally no excuse for it. Sizing and texture issues galore, hard levels not being marked properly, and the game is now filled to the brim with glitches, as well as horribly designed, glitched, and un-tested levels. Adding even more, @LindQ essentially proved that this game runs on a half-broken and outdated engine, and most of the AI aspects of the game don't even work half the time. Like come on, this is a multi-billion dollar company, WHY are they putting out something so horribly glitched? And this is no issue with the next 3 games either. Soda, Jelly, and Friends all are perfectly fine, and don't come CLOSE to the amount of bugs and glitches the original game has. The team really needs to step things up for 2022.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?