Candy Crush Troll in Weekly Contest

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,623 Legend
    edited January 2022

@Brian_Cronin I think you might have missed the point of my post. King might be aware of what they are doing, but if players don't send them feedback, and they keep playing the game with the Troll present then King will be fully entitled to think that the Troll was a success.

• Alienscar

@Brian_Cronin I would say another thing to consider is that this change isn't aimed at those players that do not pay to play. If King find that some of their paying customers are willing to spend more money to beat the Troll then for them the Troll is a success. It doesn't matter to King if they upset non-paying customers and lose some of them.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,004 Soda Moderator

oh wow đŸ˜„

I have the troll on Android and it usually stays in 3rd position. I never tought they'd allow Troll to arrive first. what data is he even using to compare in order to arrive first, the tested player's average weekly levels? đŸ€”

On a side note your version of first prize is different and better than mine 😼 Pity it went to the Troll. 😔

• Colleen12
    Colleen12 Posts: 694 Level 4

I play on multiple devices and the Troll is not always in play on all devices. Therefore, I try to claim the Weekly Race rewards if I'm fortunate enough to be in the top three on the device that I am not competing against the Troll â˜ș

I am including the response I received from King after several reports regarding this issue...

I totally understand you would love to play with your friends in Weekly Race than a Bubblegum Troll! I'll be glad to explain to you who is Troll and why you're playing with random players now. 

Bubblegum Troll is a secondary goal we introduce to the players, and Troll takes its own place in the leaderboard, like the rest of the players. Similarly, both Player and Troll are compared against each other using their avatars and the number of levels completed by each.

Once players beat Troll down, they will get a reward, such as:

• If players end up in a higher position than Troll by the end of the race, they will win a reward.
    • Players can win a reward by beating Troll, even if they don't win the race.

However, the game could introduce either an Easy or a Hard Troll to players and this could be why it keeps you from placing 1st.

• Alienscar

Thanks for the information @Colleen12

For me it is not about wanting to play with friends it is about wanting to play with real people. Also the secondary goal explanation makes no sense at all as beating the Troll as a goal is no different to beating one of the random people in our leader boards.

To say the Troll takes its own place on the leader board is just a ridiculous thing for them to say as the Troll doesn't have to play.

To be honest I hate non-answers such as you have been provided with, as they give a really bad impression of the person providing the answer.

I have already said it, but it makes no sense at all to introduce an artificial player into a game that has hundreds of millions of real players to choose from.

As the Weekly Contest is just a measure of how many levels you complete in a week there is absolutely no good reason to turn this into a competitive event that means you have to beat a robot player.

It really seems to me that King have no idea what there customers want from the game anymore.

• Colleen12
    Colleen12 Posts: 694 Level 4

@Alienscar I love competing with my Facebook Friends and for me this is as real as it gets. Absolutely agree with everything you have written. Ironically this response was not my first from King but it was the first actual confirmation of what is really happening in Candy Crush with this unwanted Troll rather than giving me the usual song and dance response.

Happy New Year, Happy Crushing😊

• Fences
    Fences Posts: 1,122 Level 4

Other than that the troll is trolling tiffi

• Hana_adamczak
    Hana_adamczak Posts: 52 Pro Player 👑
    I had the last three competitions with the troll, too. 
    I don't like playing with him, even though I won twice. 
    I prefer to play with real players.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?