Cheated out of winning!

Options
buckie19001
buckie19001 Posts: 73 Level 2

Are you being cheated on weekly race game. For the last 4 months I have tried to get King to fix weekly race. Not happening.You see you go to bed at 62 games and in the lead. You wake up 8 hours later and someone that had 7 games now has 159. You do the math, no way can he win that many in that short of time. I don't think he was playing off line. This is a glitch in the system that gives games to a person that hasn't won them. Since November I have complained, showed King the errors. In return they have taken away my ability to track the error.

So are you being cheated.

Surely not good for the community!

Best Answers

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 149,632 Candy Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi and Welcome to the King Community.

At the moment due to temporary problems you are facing such a problem. Work is underway to resolve the issue and you will find detailed information HERE.

Once the work for the Weekly Race is completed, your race will work normally again.

Thank you

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,720 Legend
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @buckie19001 the answer you got from Support regarding the Troll as the cause of the issue is related to what I am trying to say.

The Troll indicates that changes to Candy Crush can be targeted to a minority of players. The Troll though was still nothing more than a change to the computer programme. How they then deliver that change to a select user base I couldn't say.

Support saying the 'glitch' was caused by the Troll is disingenuous of them I would say. If they can add the Troll its removal shouldn't be able to cause a 'glitch' as all they have to do is remove the coding they added for the Troll.

Answers

• MarkLucas3
    MarkLucas3 Posts: 158 Level 3
    Options

Every time you play the game, you’re being manipulated, maybe not cheated, but definitely manipulated.

The game is a racket !

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 149,632 Candy Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi and Welcome to the King Community.

At the moment due to temporary problems you are facing such a problem. Work is underway to resolve the issue and you will find detailed information HERE.

Once the work for the Weekly Race is completed, your race will work normally again.

Thank you

• Alienscar
    Options

@buckie19001 So are you being cheated.

This is a difficult question for anyone here to answer as to answer you correctly we would need to know the real cause of the issue.

The issue of people in our Weekly Contests having completed an unrealistic number of levels in a day/week has been complained about by a lot of people here.

Crazy Cat Lad gave us this information as an answer to the issue

In this week's Weekly Contest some player's scores are based on data from various weeks and not only this specific week.

Therefore they may have scores and achievements higher than normally.

This issue now fixed, so when the Weekly Contest resets next week, all players will start from scratch.

Thanks for your patience with this week's Weekly Race and the data issue with the scores!

Also he has said this

I spoke with the Game Team and the Weekly Contest is reset for most players. In some games the fix will take another week or two.

Thanks for your patience on this!

February 15

Personally I struggle to understand this answer. Candy Crush is classed as a puzzle video game. This means that the images you see are produced and manipulated by a computer programme.

A computer programme can't make mistakes as it is just a sequence of instructions that has been compiled by a person.

A 'glitch' in a computer programme should affect every single person that is using that computer programme. It didn't.

A fix to a computer programme should fix the issue for everyone using that programme. It didn't.

So this is why your question is hard to answer. Logically there should only be one computer programme for Candy Crush, just as everyone uses the same computer programme when they play Fortnite. When a computer programme only affects a certain number of players to say that we are being cheated we would have to know if the change to the computer programme was carried out on purpose. We can't know that as King will never tell us.

I hope that makes sense.

• buckie19001
    Options

Morning @Alienscar.

Funny how each time I get a different answer.

I believe the best answer was from support. They said that when they put the Troll into the weekly race it caused the glitch of giving games won unrealistic levels. That is when the problem started back in November. The powers that be took the troll out but the problem stayed.

Thank you for your concern.

Buckie19001

• Alienscar
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @buckie19001 the answer you got from Support regarding the Troll as the cause of the issue is related to what I am trying to say.

The Troll indicates that changes to Candy Crush can be targeted to a minority of players. The Troll though was still nothing more than a change to the computer programme. How they then deliver that change to a select user base I couldn't say.

Support saying the 'glitch' was caused by the Troll is disingenuous of them I would say. If they can add the Troll its removal shouldn't be able to cause a 'glitch' as all they have to do is remove the coding they added for the Troll.

• Kerrie
    Kerrie Posts: 2,400 Level 4
    Options

@Alienscar @buckie19001

Went to my msgs and couldn't access anything from this thread there or the post I started yesterday and saved. I don't have permission to access it. My own draft? Why?

Quote from above:

"In this week's Weekly Contest some player's scores are based on data from various weeks and not only this specific week.Therefore they may have scores and achievements higher than normally."

That doesn't explain why someone bumped me into second place on my board with 529 levels overnight but I'm still in first place on Alienscar's board with 22 because the player with 529 isn't showing up on their race.

It seems all the "issues" keep players from winning the race. With all the new rewards for first place and just 1 color bomb for second and third seems suspicious.

Since surgery I've been playing 8-10+ hours a day and unable to come in first since the "issue" started. It's unattainable even with basically unlimited lives playing over 8 hours a day. Why bother?🤷

I'm starting to play CCSS more now.

• MarkLucas3
    Options

Nooooo, never turn to CCSS for a more honest gaming experience, it was my go to, the only one I played…..,it’s been uninstalled for two years now, it’s disgusting !

• buckie19001
    Options

Hi @Kerrie perhaps if it is not a weekly race they should change the name of it. Maybe like " the unrealistic weekly race".

• Kerrie
    Kerrie Posts: 2,400 Level 4
    Options

I played CC Saga, Soda, Friends and Jelly. I started playing all 4 because 5 free lives and just an occasional life gifted to me didn't last long. I hated waiting 30 minutes for 1 life!

I was able to play longer on the other games, they gave more free lives and boosters for longer stretches. Since I started receiving more lives from friends I don't play Friends and Jelly at all anymore. Still play Soda, I like the 30 mins of unlimited lives if I sign in every day.

I can play for hours with all the lives I'm given! With the changes in rewards for the weekly challenge why bother?

I took this last week, wanted to know why I get those pink squares? Haven't heard anything. Still had 1 day 20hrs 56mins left and I played a lot trying for first. Knew I couldn't do it even playing over 8 hours a day. One color bomb for second or third.🤔 That's not worth my time so I went to play on Soda.🤫

Been stuck on 7983 most of the day and don't feel like playing anymore especially for only 1 color bomb.🤣

• MarkLucas3
    Options

I found on Soda, you could play a level for literally weeks and get nowhere. Certain levels can only be passed with a colour changing bomb/colour bomb combo and they’re few and far between.

Candy Crush games have changed beyond all recognition, they’re not much fun now, but I persist with CC, because it passes a couple of hours a day.

I have never, nor will I ever, spend a penny on it though. NOT A CHANCE and those that do, enable Activi$ion’s greed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?