⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Ads

Options
Bennihanna
Bennihanna Posts: 135 Level 2

I know people have asked this question earlier but nothing has changed. Why are there no more ads?? Limitation on free boosters.

Best Answer

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,941 Legend
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Bennihanna I am not sure anyone here can answer your question with any authority as most of us are just players like you. I also don't believe our Moderators have enough technical knowledge about the game to answer your question. Crazy Cat Lad might know the reason, but I very much doubt it and even if he did I don't think he would be allowed to tell us.

The behaviour of the adverts in my game have definitely changed. I used to get the Sweet Cinema and Air Delivery once every level, and the same for the extra lives adverts. Other features such as the Play button adverts and the extra spin on the Booster Wheel were less frequent, but at least they appeared a couple of times in a week.

Then the crashing started. First it was the extra moves adverts that caused my game to crash on a semi-regular basis making them all but unwatchable then it was the Sweet Cinema and soon it was every advert crashing my game.

After months of this Cat Lad announced that the crashing issue had been fixed. This was when I lost all of my adverts. I still had the Sweet Cinema in my Events, but it just stopped working. All my other advert features just disappeared. Lately though some of them have started to reappear, but they are that infrequent as to be considered non-existent. That is, my Air Delivery is back, but I see it once a month I would guess. The same goes for my Sweet Cinema it is back but I only see an advert once an Episode (if I am lucky)

Problem is the crashing issue hasn't been resolved and the new advert for the Magic Shuffler is the worst and has caused my game to crash every time I have used it.

Obviously I don't know anything about how King deliver the adverts, but I think the lack of adverts in our games is linked to the crashing issue in as much as King think that giving us less adverts is a fix for the crashing issue rather than fixing the issue itself.

Limitation on free boosters.

This could very well be another reason for a lack of adverts in our games. Just as they have removed the ability for people to store a thousand lives they probably don't want people collecting a lot of boosters.

caused by the purchase by Microsoft

Microsoft hasn't purchased Activision yet.

Answers

• pillow6
    pillow6 Posts: 1,086 Level 5
    Options

Please the ads are beta testing feature. Wait until ads come back into game.

• Bennihanna
    Options

This is the same response to any question we ask about standard things that disappear all of a sudden. And the same answer we get when we ask why certain things appear on certain devices but not others. With the money King makes, it should be able to give a logical answer instead of making things up. Oh, and using "glitch" as an excuse doesn't work anymore either.

Are there other players out there who are becoming annoyed that more and more boosters are needed to win but less of them can be obtained like before?

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Candy Moderator
    Options

Welcome back to the King Community 🥰

The ad video feature belongs to the testing group and the feature is randomly assigned to some players as a test, which means that not everyone will find this feature in their game or the feature will not always be available in the game. There is a detail for you in the link below which will clarify you a bit more😊

Thank you🙏

• Bennihanna
    Options

The ads are not events or challenges. Just ads. Like any game has to make money. I have been playing this for years and it is only recently that the ads have entirely disappeared. I assume King still makes money from ads and wonder if it is not caused by the purchase by Microsoft that there is a problem with ads no longer being made available. If you look at other threads, you will see that this problem is recent. Again, I am not referring to contests, events or one off challenges.

• Alienscar
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Bennihanna I am not sure anyone here can answer your question with any authority as most of us are just players like you. I also don't believe our Moderators have enough technical knowledge about the game to answer your question. Crazy Cat Lad might know the reason, but I very much doubt it and even if he did I don't think he would be allowed to tell us.

The behaviour of the adverts in my game have definitely changed. I used to get the Sweet Cinema and Air Delivery once every level, and the same for the extra lives adverts. Other features such as the Play button adverts and the extra spin on the Booster Wheel were less frequent, but at least they appeared a couple of times in a week.

Then the crashing started. First it was the extra moves adverts that caused my game to crash on a semi-regular basis making them all but unwatchable then it was the Sweet Cinema and soon it was every advert crashing my game.

After months of this Cat Lad announced that the crashing issue had been fixed. This was when I lost all of my adverts. I still had the Sweet Cinema in my Events, but it just stopped working. All my other advert features just disappeared. Lately though some of them have started to reappear, but they are that infrequent as to be considered non-existent. That is, my Air Delivery is back, but I see it once a month I would guess. The same goes for my Sweet Cinema it is back but I only see an advert once an Episode (if I am lucky)

Problem is the crashing issue hasn't been resolved and the new advert for the Magic Shuffler is the worst and has caused my game to crash every time I have used it.

Obviously I don't know anything about how King deliver the adverts, but I think the lack of adverts in our games is linked to the crashing issue in as much as King think that giving us less adverts is a fix for the crashing issue rather than fixing the issue itself.

Limitation on free boosters.

This could very well be another reason for a lack of adverts in our games. Just as they have removed the ability for people to store a thousand lives they probably don't want people collecting a lot of boosters.

caused by the purchase by Microsoft

Microsoft hasn't purchased Activision yet.

• Bennihanna
    Options

Sorry, I didn't realize players were replying. I assumed it was employees or at least people with technical knowledge. Which clearly you have. This is the first response that is accurate and factual. And exactly what has happened to me. So thank you for finally giving me an answer. It's too bad we can't ask questions like this directly to people like you who have answers. There was a player names Freddy who was also knowledgeable. Many thanks and I will now just wait for the problem to be solved. And not use my boosters for nothing!

• Bennihanna
    Options

Alienscar, you know what's odd? The ads have now come back since this string of discussions. Another issue has been with "players" who all of a sudden win a million levels in minutes in the weekly contest. Once that was discussed and people speculated that Candy was rigged, it stopped. I was winning the other day and in less than one hour another player won over ten levels. Seems fishy to me. Not sure there are a lot of honest gaming rules and not sure we can blame it on AI used by King. Feels like the game is rigged sometimes and it's easy to use chance as an excuse or that famous word "beta" that everybody likes to throw around as an excuse. Funny, we don't see the word "glitch" lately.

• Alienscar
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hi @Bennihanna you wouldn't believe how many times people have said something similar to you about how after visiting this forum a problem they have had has resolved itself. Really makes you wonder what is going on.

Whilst it is good that your adverts are back, I hope you find that they stay that way. In my game the adverts have come back, but as I said nowhere near the frequency that they used to be. It can take a whole month to complete my Sweet Cinema now for example.

The Weekly Contest and the number of levels completed by some players was quite the hot topic on here not so long ago, but it didn't stop as it was replaced by the Troll. With the disappearance of the Troll it looks like those complaints about players completing an unrealistic number of levels are starting again. That is highly suspicious behaviour.

I have said elsewhere that I am now highly suspicious of all the leader board style features/events. The complete shambles they have made of the Sweet Summer Season goes to show that King couldn't organise a drink in a pub correctly.

The mix up of collected ingredients and the scores gained by some people in the Tour highlights just how unreliable the scores of these events can be. It really makes me wonder if any of the previous events have been scored correctly.

As you say it is hard to prove if this is malicious AI or just general bad coding.

I agree with you that the term 'beta' has no place in a game that is twelve years old.

• Bennihanna
    Options

I agree with everything you pointed out. And, funnily, on one of my devices I was prompted to update the app. I did, thinking that it would solve the ad problem since they have never reappeared on that device. Nope. Same thing. And on the other one, where I said the ads returned? Well, they returned for one minute. Gone again. This is not some rinky-dink company. And if Microsoft is going to buy it, then that just proves it. Dishonest. And, yes, it's only a game. But it is still annoying. Thanks for your replies!

• Bennihanna
    Options

I really hate to bother you again. Do you know if level 5815 now only has 15 turns instead of 32? Or is this yet another one of their "glitchs" (groan)? This has happened before and another player helped me out. It's impossible to clear the board with only two moves. I would be grateful for any info. Meanwhile, no ads.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?