Win 10 players go to the android version

Pyrolight
Pyrolight Posts: 591 Level 3

After getting fed up with the Win 10 version I downloaded an android emulator, blueStacks 5, and went to the android version.

1. Event music
  2. Weekly contest with friends
  3. Watch adds for stuff, 30 seconds vs gold bars for that 1 - 2 turns more to beat level
  4. No real downsides once you tweak resolution.

It is VASTLY better and the setup takes about 5 - 10 minutes, just need a google account for the game.

Comments

• Rox7383
    Rox7383 Posts: 274 Level 3
    edited August 2022

Thanks a lot for telling us. I installed bluestacks.

Ads are there if a level is failed. weekly contest also there.

Only regret is I have a lot of saved lives and boosters in microsoft app which will be wasted now.

• Rox7383

One issue is sometimes bluestacks app is crashing while playing ads. It happened 4 times in a day so far. I have to play again the failed level.

In soda so far there are no ads. I played a lot of levels but no ads in failed levels.

• Pyrolight

Ya, you don't get to beta test them. You get them a week later.

Not sure that is the worst tradeoff.

There are a number of other ones, LDPlayer and Memu being the number two and three. I have not thoroughly tested them with Candy Crush but I know I had trouble with BlueStacks for some things. Seems a bit or trial and error and I have no had issues with ad myself but as I say it varies from computer to computer.

The best "Emulator" is by far Android Studio but that is a full Integrated Development Environment and not something that would be easy to set up so I left it out. If you need it to work and it does not work elsewhere it will work in studio as the games are very likely built in it.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,423 Legend

@Pyrolight Ya, you don't get to beta test them. You get them a week later.

Not sure that is the worst tradeoff.

Yeah I guess it depends on a person's priorities because you get the new levels a week later with 12-15 less moves and more blockers added.

Beta testing wise you are still doing that even when you play on Android as most of the new features get beta tested by Android users first. Power Pops and Magic Shuffler being the most recent ones.

Being an Android player I must admit that some of the things you list as advantages I don't find to be that useful. The Weekly Contest had been ruined by the Troll (more beta testing), or one of your 'friends' completing unrealistic amount of levels. Also the introduction of the 'Hard' Weekly Contest has made it even worse by only providing one Colour Bomb for coming second and third

• Pyrolight

Well I found a keyboard combo that obliterated my message in the most insane way.

Anyway, fair enough but just a few thoughts.

Honestly it seems to go both ways with new levels, might be a six to one situation in the end. Honestly I just don't like the idea of weekly beta testing with limited lives and such. At least with boosters it is not nearly as bad.

As far as contests, well at least they exist and you might not get a jerk ruining them so the odd win. This is opposite of what we have seen for basically every major summer collection event so far that is not solo.

With respect to the 2nd place colour bomb, I have always seen that for contests on win 10, was the different at some point?

Finally patches. They seem to come to android much faster. Not blaming King for that, I suspect Microsoft is not exactly making it simple.

• Rox7383
    edited August 2022

I have tried NoxPlayer ( a site recommended bluestacks and noxplayer for candy crush) and LDPlayer also. So far no ads in both of them. Noxplayer was fine but after playing a few levels it started creating problems and hanged. This happened two or three times in a day so uninstalled it and then tried LDplayer as its lightweight. So far everything is smooth and there are all the contests like episode race, weekly race etc. Only problem is no ads are there.

If only ads come in LDPlayer then it is best for candy crush. May be my account is not getting ads as this feature is account specific by king. Some accounts get ads and others not.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?