Hello and goodbye

Options
ferret119
ferret119 Posts: 5 Level 2

I am an experienced player who is usually current with the latest level, but I’m quitting Candy Crush. Recently everything has been stacked against us, and the nightmarishly hard levels are impossible to complete without buying boosters. I am getting stuck on one level for as much as a week. Wake up and smell the coffee King – this is meant to be fun, not a remorseless grind. The fun has gone away.

Comments

• Snowbird3x
    Snowbird3x Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options

I have been playing Candy Crush for some years (12340 levels!) and I have not been shy about buying gold bars now and again. However, the achievement deals have been diminished, the lives have been limited to 20 per day and the levels are reaching near impossibility without boosters or additional moves. Unless something changes I will not be continuing with this game.

• ferret119
    ferret119 Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

I think that the advertising trial might be a middle path of monetization: for people who can't afford to, or won't, buy boosters, watching ads allows King to protect its income. I get it that there is no such thing as free on the web, but if a game loses its stickiness - its ability to keep people attracted to it - all revenue streams are going to be cut off, whether direct or indirect.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?