πŸ† Candy Cup - Did you make it to the Quarter Finals?

Options

Comments

• sakhi_0310
    sakhi_0310 Posts: 30 Level 2
    Options
    I made it!

How many players from quarter finals will make to semi finals? I mean top 5 or what?

• M19
    M19 Posts: 58 Level 2
    Options
    I didn't make it.

No lo logrΓ© πŸ˜”

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5
    edited September 2022
    Options

It gets worse. I'd contacted support to inquire, and the King rep had the nerve to reply with (in part):

"After a thorough search of our system, I can confirm that on our side, we haven’t detected an issue - this is due to probably you not really qualifying to the next round."

The irony? After I played a random level (after contacting support), a notification tab appeared in my Events telling me I qualified--but I also didn't get the same notification or prize other users have posted. Mine:

The implication is either I was lying or the King rep was lying, and since I clearly had the evidence to show I qualified, they dug their hole all on their own.

Unbelievable that a billion-dollar company would try to cheat me out of my hard-earned shitty rewards & place in a contest. πŸ˜‚

Last I heard from them (a different rep in the follow-up message), King's investigating and will get back to me. I'll update on if they ever make good on my prize or not.

• Deryck
    Options

@Alienscar My reply was held for approval. Going by patterns, it'll likely be posted tomorrow morning, so check back. Prepare to get your mind blown. 😲

• SarahZooms
    SarahZooms Posts: 23 Pro Player 👑
    Options
    I made it!

ohhh a fun new pre cup challenge started

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,224 Legend
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I made it!

Whoa I cannot believe that the rep said that you hadn't really qualified. It makes me laugh when King say that they can't find any problem as the state of some of the levels (1476, 1884 & 2531) clearly shows that they have no clue as to what is going on.

• Deryck
    Options

Glad my promised post delivered. πŸ˜€

You hit the nail on the head: it's like there's a disconnect between what's actually in the game vs. those who should be overseeing the game. ..I mean hey, if King needs testers, they should hire me. πŸ‘€

As for update, the new rep was much more helpful: she both confirmed my place in the tournament and attempted to give me my missing prize. There was a snafu with most of the boosters not appearing in my game, but fingers crossed that gets resolved by tomorrow. In any case, her replies showed much more effort than the lazy, outrageous one from before.

BTW I gave this issue some thought and determined it's highly unusual that you and I, both outspoken critics of our outgoing mod Crazy Cat Lad, should just so "happen" to have problem with our events right as he joins that team. Coincidence? ..or not? πŸ€”

• cgold
    cgold Posts: 31 Level 2
    Options

Of course not. I only have 20 lives. And I’m not willing to spend a gazillion dollars on boosters and free lives. I’m so mad about the game changes. Not fun.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,224 Legend
    Options
    I made it!

@Deryck BTW I gave this issue some thought and determined it's highly unusual that you and I, both outspoken critics of our outgoing mod Crazy Cat Lad, should just so "happen" to have problem with our events right as he joins that team. Coincidence? ..or not?Β 

Damn I had forgotten that is where Cat Lad had moved to. You are right it does make you think as I have never had an issue with missing rewards before.

As the saying goes πŸ‘€Just because we are paranoid it doesn't mean they aren't out to get us.πŸ‘€

• Doondie
    Doondie Posts: 1,255 Level 5
    Options
    I made it!

Hey buddy,

You don't need to miss the tournament. Pretty sure it was possible to make it to the quarter-finals easily by just repeating old levels, unlike Sam's Streak which requires clearing only new ones.

As for having no boosters - in case you're at too high a level and participating in Candy Royale competitions is not possible, you could at least manage your playtime, however annoying that might be, by limiting it, meanwhile trying to amass a few regular boosters from the daily Machine, Wheel and Cinema freebies. The latter gives on average 2x of each non-premium booster every day - hand, lollipop, doughnut, bomb and special candy - by watching ads and smashing bonbons. You could do the first Choco Box too without new levels.

Good luck and have fun! ☺

Top 5 + some more (dunno how many) from the 2nd chance round.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?