⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Can somebody help me please?

Options

Answers

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,660 Legend
    Options

Hi @HaMa, is it a Windows 10 (11) laptop that you are using?

• HaMa
    HaMa Posts: 76 Level 2
    Options

Good morning @Alienscar - Yes, I am using a laptop with Windows 10.

• Alienscar
    Options

Thanks for the update @HaMa

to send my request results in the message: "It's not your fault, it's ours. Please try again shortly." (Hello??? I've had this issue for the better part of this month, and I tried over + over again, but to no avail.)

I have experienced this issue in my game as well, but it has always been a temporary issue. I can't say for sure what causes the issue, but the issue has the hallmarks of being a server connection issue.

I really think you need to 'clear the cache' as suggested by @bearwithme

As you play on a Windows laptop you can do this safely without erasing any passwords.

Sign out of your game first.

Click on Settings/Apps/Apps and Features

Find the Candy Crush app and then click on the ellipses (three vertical dots) and then click on Advance Options. Scroll to Reset and click on the Repair option that says it will repair the App without deleting any data.

Also clear your browser history, cookies and temporary files. Take care when doing this as you don't want to delete any passwords that you have saved. If you use the Control Panel you can safely delete cookies/.tmp files by unticking the Password option in delete browsing history

After completing all of that restart your device, open your game and sign back in. Play any level.

Do YOU know how + where I can find an update? Maybe that would solve my problems?

As you play on a Windows laptop, I believe you update the app through the Micrsoft Store.

Here is a link to an article from Lifewire on how to update your apps.

• HaMa
    edited September 2022
    Options

@Alienscar

Wow - that is the thing I am so scared to do ... but your explanations are so detailed that I should dare follow your instructions. I will have to find a time when nothing else can come across. (You know, I'm old enough to have started my computer journey with Win 3.11 --- but too old to also have been very enthusisastic about computering! LOL)

I'll try my best to gather all my courage and have a go at it, and when done, will let you know how it worked. Thanks!

EDIT: How do I log out of the game with my Win computer? I always used to play on the King portal (also rarely in Facebook) ... and I always thought one is logged in through the browser? (I am using the Google browser.)

• Alienscar
    Options

Just take your time @HaMa. 'Computering' (I like that as a word) isn't that scary if you take your time and google your issue first. YouTube can be helpful as well.

It is a good idea to save your passwords in a Word/Excel file or even just a good old notebook. If your passwords are remembered by your browser, you can find them and then write them down.

• HaMa
    edited October 2022
    Options

Thanks again @Alienscar . I just tried to comprehend the stuff you told me ... and I wanted to start by logging out of the game: Didn't find anything where I can do that! :(

Then I also read the article you linked me to (about how to turn off the automatic Win10-updates for a Win game) ... The sh*t is, there is nowhere where I find the ellipsis (yes, the 3 vertical points) neither in the MS Store nor in my Settings -Apps - Apps and Features. Maybe it's different for different countries? My Windows 10 is a German one. ???

Secondly, I tried to log out of the Game - didn't find any option or feature for doing it. Oh right, I said that just in the beginning.

However, when I click on "my profile", the software offers me to "save your progress" (which it does automatically anyway) ... asking me if I do already have a King account, and if so, to put in my data (email address + pw). That ended up in a puff: "Connection error - pls try again later".

That's enough frustration for an early Sunday evening. sigh

PS: I just spent a good half hour (maybe even more) in Windows troubleshooting for MS Store ... to no avail. My problem isn't listed , there is no similar feedback and the program doesn't let me send my problem report in the end. I am really pixxxed off with MS and Windows. (Not just now, but generally, and I am still looking back with a certain nostalgia to the times when we had Windows XP. The one and only Win version which ran stable and was at the same time rather transparent. These days are gone for worse.)

• Alienscar
    Options

Hello @HaMa

which it does automatically anyway

Your game isn't automatically saved and it worryingly sounds to me like you aren't saving your game, but are instead just temporarily storing it on your laptop. To save your game you need to create a King account using an email address and password.

When you start your game you should see a 'My Account' button beneath the 'Play' button.

To log out of your game you select My Account and then select log out.

• HaMa
    edited October 2022
    Options

Well, yes, I DID register with my email address and pw. When years ago I started playing, I did that from Facebook, but there were always some issues which finally brought me to the King.com website, and to my joy, I discovered that I could play from here much more securely and with much less issues. Several years ago, I also registered with a new mail address, as the mail provider which I used before, closed shop - until you'd pay for the mail addy. I said no thanks and that was it - unfortunately also for my registration, so I had to register with my new mail address and start again from scratch. This is the account which I am still using now (also for logging into the Community here).

I also know very well the two pics you showed above ... BUT the 2nd one is not complete any more -- and this is the source of all my troubles.

I will send you me User ID in a few minutes -- by editing it into this post here, and would ask you to kindly report this crap issue I've been dealing with for so many weeks now to the technical staff. I remember that a while ago, someone from this staff helped me out when my gold bars got lost when we had to migrate our registration away from King and into Windows. That was a very friendly person, and I think it would be time that he/she gave a closer look into my account.

Would that make sense? I do think so. (And now I go and load my game so I can send you my User ID.) Pls keep your eyes open for it to arrive shortly.

EDIT: User ID for Candy Crush Saga = 6295585034

User ID for Candy Crush SODA Saga = the same (and very very similar issues as here).

Now I'm looking into CC JELLY Saga --- might be a different one as I originally "registered with FB"

EDIT 2: User ID for CC JELLY Saga = 1001352093

I hope you can help me to get this sh*t solved at last. Thanks for your patience and all your efforts to help me.

PS!!! I just had a look at my profile in JELLY Saga ... and the program would reject my PW. Then I clicked "PW forgotten" and got a link to restore it: That went smoothly and like a piece of cake -- and NOW I see the same picture in this profile as you showed me for your own account. To me, this seems to show that only my games with the 629.... ID number are compromised. (CCSaga and CCSodaSaga)

• HaMa
    Options

OH NO!!! I had written such a long answer to you - among other things sending you my User ID for CCSaga and CC Soda. After I edited it a 2nd time, all the text was GONE again!

Here is the really short version:

I would kindly ask you to send my User ID to the technicians so they can look into my account from the back end.

My USER ID for CCSaga and CCSoda is: 6295585034

And YES! I DO have a valid registration for my games.

As I also play CC JELLY for which I registered with my Facebook account which has a different user ID, and I could see that with this different User ID everything goes well.

Only my Soda and Saga games (for which I have a different ID) are compromised.

Please help me solve this sh*t once and forever by putting me into contact with one of your programmers or whatever their correct job description is. :) I think you know what I mean.

• Alienscar
    Options

Hi @HaMa I can't do anything with your User ID because I do not work for King. Everyone on this forum is just a player of Candy Crush and all we can offer is advice.

The only people that can use your User ID is Player Support who you can reach by using the Help function of your game.

Just please note if you do not have an email address and password linked to your CCS/CCSS then you aren't saving your game.

Do you see the My Account button when you first open your game?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?