⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Why can’t I connect to the store to purchase gold bars etc?

Nikki_Fletcher
Nikki_Fletcher Posts: 1 Newbie

On my iPad, I am unable to connect to the store in Candy Crush/Jelly/Soda saga games.  There is no error message, but the connection doesn’t complete (e.g. just stays at ‘connecting’).  I am connected to WiFi and can access the Apple App Store directly with no issues.  I have tried restarting the device, signing out and signing back in again and tried with and without connecting to Facebook.  Nothing helps.  Any ideas?

Best Answer

• MarkHawk
    MarkHawk Posts: 4,061 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hi Nikki,

Please try the following steps:

1) reboot your iPad, then close any app that automatically starts up after reboot

2) try the game connection with another Internet connection

3) check for updates to the game on the App store

4) If the problem persists then I suggest you do a re-installation of the game.

a) Make sure you have the game connected to Facebook or Kingdom (this will save your progress, highscores and gold bars. Your boosters and messages will get lost when re-installing so please take that into consideration)

b) Un-install the app

c) Reboot your phone or tablet

d) Now it's time to download the app and install it again. Find the app on the App Store and click on 'install'

e) After the game has been installed you should now be able to start it normally.

f) Don't forget to connect the game to Facebook (blue button) or Kingdom (orange button) in order to retrieve your game progress, highscores and gold bars.

- Mark

Answers

• Laura_Grosvenor
    Laura_Grosvenor Posts: 1,581 Level 4

Hi Nikki. That is strange. Let me bump this to the Moderators to see if they can help you further. Are the games connecting okay for you? Let me know and I will send this on to the Admins now. Thanks for contacting King Care and I hope you have a great day!

• MarkHawk
    MarkHawk Posts: 4,061 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hi Nikki,

Please try the following steps:

1) reboot your iPad, then close any app that automatically starts up after reboot

2) try the game connection with another Internet connection

3) check for updates to the game on the App store

4) If the problem persists then I suggest you do a re-installation of the game.

a) Make sure you have the game connected to Facebook or Kingdom (this will save your progress, highscores and gold bars. Your boosters and messages will get lost when re-installing so please take that into consideration)

b) Un-install the app

c) Reboot your phone or tablet

d) Now it's time to download the app and install it again. Find the app on the App Store and click on 'install'

e) After the game has been installed you should now be able to start it normally.

f) Don't forget to connect the game to Facebook (blue button) or Kingdom (orange button) in order to retrieve your game progress, highscores and gold bars.

- Mark

• Laur3333
    Laur3333 Posts: 1 Newbie

I can’t connect to App Store and I can’t connect thru FB, although I can go in on FB .

anyway, I don’t see how to uninstall it.., I’m on level 2803 and don’t want to lose anything but not getting treats, getting to spin, or buy/win extra moves is hard. Been a week now. 

• sunggyugirl95
    sunggyugirl95 Posts: 1 Newbie
    I can't connect the store and it keeps happening I tried everything but nothing worked and it's really annoying 
    I'm  connected to Facebook 
  • I'm having the same problem and the Extra Moves wheel keeps loading but won't stop. Also, I can't send lives. There's no option to send once I've clicked on the friends to send to. However, I can receive lives from friends and play games. I'm connected with FB and I've done the whole log out, reboot thing. It's still doing it. Please help! It's been happening for over 2 weeks now. Thanks. 
  • eliman
    eliman Posts: 1 Newbie

I also can't connect the store. I've tried any of the above suggestions over and over again, but it ain't work. Is there any other better options?!!! Please.....

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager

Hi @sunggyugirl95 @MichelleRenee_1970 @eliman and welcome to our Community!

This thread is about an old issue in 2018.

Please head over here for the current one you are experiencing.

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?