⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Why now do you lose a life when you try and restart a level prior to making your first move?

TboneMur
TboneMur Posts: 4 Newbie

You used to be able to restart a level as many times as you liked without losing a life to better set up the board, but no longer. I refuse to buy until it goes back.

Answers

• Klaudiavdw
    Klaudiavdw Posts: 3 Newbie

I have the same problem! No answer yet!

• Khaos
    Khaos Posts: 523 Level 5

I don't have the answer, but the back button brings up the play on or loose a life box on Android now even though you haven't made any moves. Has the reset a board option been removed? This will make me quit as I am almost on level 3000 and it is impossible to beat some levels without the reset board without losing a life option.

• mulliganaceous
    mulliganaceous Posts: 25 Level 2

In fact, the costless restart should also apply on Soda. 

• Khaos

*lose! Anyway, I was told on Twitter that it's a tweak made for the Mort's challenge. I have asked if the reset will be back after the challenge and have not received any answer yet.

• TboneMur
    TboneMur Posts: 4 Newbie

It's obvious they are trying to increase revenue by making it harder, the more difficult it is, the quicker your 5 lives get used up. The quicker you run out of lives, the more likely you'll hit they buy button. Not me anymore. Also, you may have noticed simultaneously they reduced the piggybank max to 30 bars for $2.99, when you used to get 60. Coincidence? I think not. 

• Khaos

No, not a coincidence especially when I read on another thread about this that it was an intentional change. Unless the complaints about it change their minds, bye Candy Crush. It's not worth my time to play for a few minutes when I can find another game to actually play. 

• rusky
    rusky Posts: 25 Level 2
    This is what I came to find out, I noticed that many video play reset the board, I wondered how it was done without losing a life, I see now it’s no longer an option. Thanks . 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?