⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Level changed on Candy Crush? Different number of moves or seeing the same level twice?

Answers

• Amy_Clyne
    Amy_Clyne Posts: 43 Level 2

I’ve had it, done. Going from 40 moves to 12 is not a little variation. I’m not buying any power ups.

• Se7ans
    Se7ans Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited September 2018

Hi all and thanks for posting.

Please note that there are no glitch. The reason that the moves are different is explained in my first comment: Our game studio is constantly adapting levels difficulty and testing features. This means it is possible that there are minor variations (including the number of moves) to that of someone else who plays, or perhaps on an existing video on YouTube.

I also would like to add that the amount of moves have been lowered on some levels but when that's the case, the level difficulty has also been tweaked to make sure the level remains doable. 

I hope this makes sense!

Happy crushing everyone :)

Level 789 has been lowered to 15 moves to collect 45 green candies! The game doesn't drop 45 green candies in 15 moves. Even the bombs are times with more (they're timed for 20 moves) so lowering the number of moves made the bombs irrelevant!
  • Matthew_Klein
    Matthew_Klein Posts: 13 Level 2

In 1775 I am only give 12 moves when I've seen version with 20 or 32. It is literally impossible to beat this level in 12 moves!!

They know! They just don't care.
  • Matthew_Klein
    Matthew_Klein Posts: 13 Level 2

I have read all the 72-strong replies this question has received, as well as the replies of all the hundreds of duplicates this question has received. As a result, this is a potentially critical situation. A possibly worse change might selectively affect other players: Unable to reset board anymore without losing a life, which also garnered many replies and duplicates.

I have updated the list of these "selective redesigns" which can be characterized by the changing number of moves. It seems that the selectively redesigned levels are the same 1045 levels which were targeted for selective redesigns. Out of them, players are focusing on the 576 levels where chosen players may be given less moves than usual. (Another few hundred of them are given more moves to those affected, but that is almost totally irrelevant).

The most offending redesigns cut the number of moves down from 50 to 12 (less than a quarter of moves provided) or further cut the number of moves of difficult levels (which are color coded dark red, black, and dark blue depending on difficulty).

Even though King is testing this feature or change to some players, it has caught attention because so much levels have been made much more difficult or even nearly impossible due to levels having so much moves reduced. And also, please don't change the number of moves for Level 666. As a result, according to "a careful and thorough investigation and based upon our valuable players' feedback" (quote source), most of these move reductions shall never be put live, with the possible exception of easy levels having just a few moves reduced. The levels with move increases should be put live anyhow as it isn't relevant to this question.

I have made a color-coded table that shows all of the offending selective redesigns: Link to table.

It is reasonable and balanced that the higher levels, in the 3Ks should be much harder than the earlier ones. Boosters might be easier to obtain than ever, especially with events and especially "timed infinite boosters" or "dashes", but we still really disapprove most of these redesigns! Ignoring the players' responses in a critical situation is definitely a way to post losses rather than profits for a business. Furthermore, do not put the change in how resetting/quitting a board without making a move works!

They don't care. The least they could do is give us an idea as to when they'll change it back. Or why it is affecting FB but not king.com
  • mulliganaceous
    mulliganaceous Posts: 25 Level 2

I have read all the 72-strong replies this question has received, as well as the replies of all the hundreds of duplicates this question has received. As a result, this is a potentially critical situation. A possibly worse change might selectively affect other players: Unable to reset board anymore without losing a life, which also garnered many replies and duplicates.

I have updated the list of these "selective redesigns" which can be characterized by the changing number of moves. It seems that the selectively redesigned levels are the same 1045 levels which were targeted for selective redesigns. Out of them, players are focusing on the 576 levels where chosen players may be given less moves than usual. (Another few hundred of them are given more moves to those affected, but that is almost totally irrelevant).

The most offending redesigns cut the number of moves down from 50 to 12 (less than a quarter of moves provided) or further cut the number of moves of difficult levels (which are color coded dark red, black, and dark blue depending on difficulty).

Even though King is testing this feature or change to some players, it has caught attention because so much levels have been made much more difficult or even nearly impossible due to levels having so much moves reduced. And also, please don't change the number of moves for Level 666. As a result, according to "a careful and thorough investigation and based upon our valuable players' feedback" (quote source), most of these move reductions shall never be put live, with the possible exception of easy levels having just a few moves reduced. The levels with move increases should be put live anyhow as it isn't relevant to this question.

I have made a color-coded table that shows all of the offending selective redesigns: Link to table.

It is reasonable and balanced that the higher levels, in the 3Ks should be much harder than the earlier ones. Boosters might be easier to obtain than ever, especially with events and especially "timed infinite boosters" or "dashes", but we still really disapprove most of these redesigns! Ignoring the players' responses in a critical situation is definitely a way to post losses rather than profits for a business. Furthermore, do not put the change in how resetting/quitting a board without making a move works!

@Matthew Klein king.com operates in Flash. King is rarely updating these configs and new features now.
  • Claire_Lim_
    Claire_Lim_ Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited September 2018

Level 552 was also changed from 30 to 12 moves which makes it impossible to solve .

And the bomb explodes after 13 moves. This level is ridiculous. it’s definitely a mistake on your side. Please fix it soon. If not many players will be lose. We can’t even pass the level and the timebomb is useless
  • Claire_Lim_
    Claire_Lim_ Posts: 2 Newbie

Level 552 was also changed from 30 to 12 moves which makes it impossible to solve .

Even with all the boosters there no way to pass the level too. Don’t think they tried playing the level. No matter how much luck it’s also impossible
  • Jessaah_Grace
    Jessaah_Grace Posts: 1 Newbie

I have the same question. In game 1781, the YouTube video I watched had 40 moves, I was only given 18. For the same requirements for passing the level. That doesn’t seem very fair!

I am seriously considering deleting Candy Crush!

Jessaah

• Nanette_Fasco
    Nanette_Fasco Posts: 8 Level 2

Now, I am on level 729 which most people are given 40 moves to complete this. This is a super hard level. I was given 20 moves which is 1/2 the moves. I will not give up on this level, but it is taking a lot of patience on my part and even having used boosters, I have not yet passed this level. 

The level has bombs, chocolate, and built up frosted meringue layers.

• Patricia_Rouse
    Patricia_Rouse Posts: 3 Newbie

This is not answer, same question......it appears I am in test group as well since my amount of plays is much less than some players on YouTube with same level only 2 weeks ago and have twice or three times amount of moves.  I have spent money whenever I had only a few moves left to win.  Now I use every booster it allows and still after many tries cannot pass a level.  Until this is fixed I am Done, THROUGH, with this game u are getting rich from.  I played for fun not bankruptcy!

Pat Rouse

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?